Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The more I think about it, I think that your probably right.  My initial thought was that Stevens got cold feet because Ainge told him that if he does that, no NBA team will hire him and if he fails he’ll have to go back to mid-major coaching. And given our recent past, the chance of failure is pretty high.

Thats not something Ainge would say to him. Ainge and Wyc (the owner) don't operate that way, and they love and respect Stevens too much. 

Could it be like Andrew Luck's contract with the Colts? No, you can't prevent an employee from leaving for a job outside the league, but you can "own" their rights in that league.  Luck can't decide to come back and play for a team of his choice - he would still be under the terms of his previous contract.  Maybe Stevens' contract is set up so that if he left for a college job, he would effectively be unable to return to the NBA.

4 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Could it be like Andrew Luck's contract with the Colts? No, you can't prevent an employee from leaving for a job outside the league, but you can "own" their rights in that league.  Luck can't decide to come back and play for a team of his choice - he would still be under the terms of his previous contract.  Maybe Stevens' contract is set up so that if he left for a college job, he would effectively be unable to return to the NBA.

That is any contract in any league. You can't "quit" or "retire", and just come back into the league the next year and go where you want. When you sign any contract in professional sports, you can't leave and come back with any team you want. The team you signed a contract with has to release you, trade the rights to you, etc.

33 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That can't be accurate. Stevens could resign. Boston can't stop him from coaching in college, only for another NBA team. 

I was told from someone who would know that he told us yes, then told Boston and was told he was under contract. That they were unwilling to let him out of his contract. Either way I think it worked out for the best.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told from someone who would know that he told us yes, then told Boston and was told he was under contract. That they were unwilling to let him out of his contract. Either way I think it worked out for the best.

If so, sounds like that relationship between him and Celtics will end well.

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

A few players are still in town...

9F1747BD-1B89-43C4-8F0C-EEB63B79A987.jpeg

Love this photo...I imagine CMW saying something like  "I was here...we were elite...best of the best...let me tell you what it was like...let me tell you what this is REALLY all about! We won championships!"