Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

I really that he has said he wants to play multiple styles. Understands that things constantly change. Wants to spread the floor but also have a big man that can demand the ball on the block. It doesn't have to be a track meet, but you gotta find a way to move the ball up the floor and beat the defense. 

Also happy to not hear any garbage about a packline defense or anything. Just straight man to man, maybe some zone and go grab rebounds. 

10 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Channel 4 and my wife outside adjusting the antenna with me screaming instructions out the window.Being close to Louisville it had to be perfect to get a signal.

The good old days.

Man, I remember that. We were close to Louisville as well and it did have to be perfectly aligned to pick up WTTV 4 because Louisville WAVE 3 would bleed over. What was also great was we could listen to Don calling the game  on the radio and it was in synch with the TV signal instead of TV having a 10 second delay like things are now.

53 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Can’t believe anyone would want to go to Louisville right now, that hammer is coming eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes

And I’m sure Arizona, LSU, UNC and Kansas are trembling.

NCAA is.a joke.

29 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Same era and memories for me as well watching on old channel 4.  I graduated high school in 1990 and believe we were the last of kids playing outside in the 70's and 80's, before technology took over.

Although I love RMK, it was his time to go with early tourney losses to Richmond, Pepperdine, and the continuous one and done in the NCAA.  I don't care who, what, when, where, why, and how we get there (deep Tourney runs) as long as we start getting there again.

23 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

49 here and do remember those Sunday morning shows

18 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Channel 4 and my wife outside adjusting the antenna with me screaming instructions out the window.Being close to Louisville it had to be perfect to get a signal.

The good old days.

3 minutes ago, P92 said:

Man, I remember that. We were close to Louisville as well and it did have to be perfectly aligned to pick up WTTV 4 because Louisville WAVE 3 would bleed over. What was also great was we could listen to Don calling the game  on the radio and it was in synch with the TV signal instead of TV having a 10 second delay like things are now.

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yes

And I’m sure Arizona, LSU, UNC and Kansas are trembling.

NCAA is.a joke.

The thread's topic is: "Mike Woodson to be Next IUBB Coach"....etc.

Let's (generally) keep it there!

Thanks

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I will try to explain why I think having an IU guy is the right thing at this time.  First I am not saying this to condemn anyone or blame anyone who might not understand this.  I know people who did not grow up in Indiana or is a lot younger than did not see what IU meant when RMK was the coach.  I grew up in in Central Indiana in the late 70's and 80's which meant watching IU on our local channel 4 in Indy.  Since it was a locally owned TV station it produced its own game which meant IU announcers.  Those announcers were former players in John Laskowski and later Ted Kitchell.  Back then they played games on Thursday night and Saturday and it was easy to keep up with the schedule.  You know when you had to find your 2 and half hours time to watch the game plus the pre game show with RMK.  RMK would have about a 12 minute segment to explain what the team was going to do against this opponent and it taught IU fans the game.  Not to mention Martha the Mop Lady and the Farm Bureau Insurance commercials.

All of this made IU like your own family and would do anything to support that family  I know when you are younger that everything seems more important everything was such a big deal.  This is what IU basketball felt like to me and that I felt part of it.  You also always saw former players at the game and they were welcome back anytime they wanted.

After RMK was let go I was all for letting someone else come in and try to bring IU back to where it was use to be.  We brought in outside guys who had proven to win at the level they were at.  They made deep runs in the tournament so they seemed like great hires but there was always something missing to them.  We have done this for 20 years and it never totally panned out and here we are 20 years later trying to get IU back to what we use to be.  Everyone say they want IU back to what it once was and to me it is time to bring back a guy who was part of what IU use to be.

Your first 2 paragraphs was literally my childhood.

Damn onions...

I was thinking that when the UK program was devastated after the money in envelopes scandal, the University brought in an ex basketball coach from their conference (CM Newton) to be AD and work hand in hand with the new coaching hire from the New York Nicks (Pitino). Much to my chagrin, they turned the program around in 2 years, which no one thought was possible...I can see Matta and Woodson doing the same thing at IU.

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The thread's topic is: "Mike Woodson to be Next IUBB Coach"....etc.

Let's (generally) keep it there!

Thanks

Can we wander around like old people do and then just throw something in about Coach Woodson at the end?

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

The good old days.

Honey be careful it looks like lightning. Can you try turning that big metal lightening rod/antenna a little more.  Kids these days will never know some of the finer things 

and mike Woodson ....

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm not a Facebook person. How do I watch Fischer/CMW on Facebook live. Someone posted you don't need a FB acct

Thanx !

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=705205863481006&ref=notif&notif_id=1617147050124436&notif_t=live_video_explicit

Honey be careful it looks like lightning. Can you try turning that big metal lightening rod/antenna a little more.  Kids these days will never know some of the finer things 

and mike Woodson ....
I was that person . Just like USPShoosier, dad wouldn't let rain, snow or anything else keep me from turning the antenna.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This 26 year old had a few tears in his eyes, lol.

I hated the idea when I first saw him mentioned as a candidate. I really hated it. I wanted a big name coach and I was very adamant about that. But now I'm all in on Coach Woodson. Seeing someone who loves IU basketball like I do as the new head coach was really cool. It's not just another job that happens to pay more than his last job for him. It's his dream job, and I know he's going to do everything he can to get the program back to where we all want it to be. 

I love it! I’m with you. I’m to young to remember him play and he wasn’t who I had in mind but I’m all in.I really hope we can get this program to be dominant again so a whole new era of IU fans can enjoy good basketball!