Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Also Parker is someone who not only can shoot the three, but create his own shot from three which it sounds like is going to be a big focus in the offense moving forward. I think he’ll be around next fall.

giphy.gif&key=95d65e1e9fa5aeb8b3b8eb7763756fcaf7a8f51d6650c303da24ef96e2ee8738

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Also Parker is someone who not only can shoot the three, but create his own shot from three which it sounds like is going to be a big focus in the offense moving forward. I think he’ll be around next fall.

giphy.gif&key=95d65e1e9fa5aeb8b3b8eb7763756fcaf7a8f51d6650c303da24ef96e2ee8738

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s hope so, a lot of the speculation seems to involve Kenya Hunter staying on as a requirement for Stewart staying 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Maybe, but we would have to be very careful about who we played around them. 

Phinisee/Armaan/Al/Race/Trayce had exactly two guys who were a threat from deep on the floor. Race/Trayce basically couldn't hit from out there and Phinisee was a 26% shooter. 

My expectation is that our guys that stay will shoot the ball at least somewhat better through both improved shooting form and improved confidence.

I am really surprised that we have not started seeing or hearing more from players now that Woodson has been hired. I realize they need time to think, talk to parents etc. Maybe when assistant coaches start to be hired, that will tell a lot.

7 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

My expectation is that our guys that stay will shoot the ball at least somewhat better through both improved shooting form and improved confidence.

Hopefully, it seemed like Archie had a pretty quick leash on some guys and didn't really let them play through mistakes. I hope Woodson isn't as strict in that regard because it really seemed to hamper the development of a few guys.

2 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I am really surprised that we have not started seeing or hearing more from players now that Woodson has been hired. I realize they need time to think, talk to parents etc. Maybe when assistant coaches start to be hired, that will tell a lot.

I'm not surprised actually. If "I" am a mentor/ Coach of a young man's future. I would make all decisions require a 3 day contemplation time. No rash spur of the moment decisions. There have been a lot of things happen in the last couple weeks for these kids and the program, so let everything digest and make damn sure the decision is one that everyone is 100% confident is correct. Just my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Player development is something that lacked under Archie. If Woody is better in this area then that combined with an enthusiastic approach to playing a more open game will probably bump up everyone’s %

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Player development is something that lacked under Archie. If Woody is better in this area then that combined with an enthusiastic approach to playing a more open game will probably bump up everyone’s %

I think the biggest issue wasn't player development per se. A lot of players showed flashes of obvious improvement, but there was a clear lack in consistency which I think was more of a confidence issue.

Edited by PB1230

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

It occurred to me that Woodson might be an oustanding mentor for P Stewart, having just lost his father.

More of a Grandfather figure probably. I got along with my Grandpa better than Dad so that's good too.

I thought Archie would probably be the last coach I would see at IU in my life. I thought he would be successful. But now with the Woodson hire the curse of Knight will be over. Go IU good luck coach Woodson. I hope he can rake it on the recruiting trail. Time will tell

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I thought that was what happened with Gelon, no? Archie was trying to get him to transfer because he couldn’t just take away his scholarship

Scholarships are the 1st start of summer session to the 1st session of the summer session the following year.  They are renewed mid May of every year.  After the spring semester we have a choice same as student to renew or not.  Same as them.  If they leave in December as long as they are in good standing academically it won’t hurt us much.  But if we kick a kid off mid semester it will hurt our APR.  Gelon’s “ATHLETIC” scholarship was not renewed after the season = no harm to APR.  IU’s BOR offers a full academic scholarship if their athletic one is taken away from them.  We are just one of the few schools that offers that part.