Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Lots if reading catching up. I like the hire the more I look at it. As for Brown, didn't he coach Dale with the Pacers? Might help getting TJD to stick around a year longer.

Other take, or, question. Of the ones on the portal which ones do you all think CMW should go after hardest to come back?

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

Lots if reading catching up. I like the hire the more I look at it. As for Brown, didn't he coach Dale with the Pacers? Might help getting TJD to stick around a year longer.

Other take, or, question. Of the ones on the portal which ones do you all think CMW should go after hardest to come back?

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

From re-watching the 30 for 30 “Miller time” it appears he did 

Definitely coming around on the Woodson hire. I was pretty disappointed when the news first broke, but the more I see and read, I start to get a little excited. Not sure if it’s blind faith & just hoping it works, but I am very intrigued. Keeping our guys and bringing in a couple more from the portal would be a great start & I’m very interested to see who the three assistants will be. 

39 minutes ago, madmax said:

The rumor states that it would be an on-campus position. That, to me, says not an assistant job. Instead it would likely be something similar to what Matta is doing. Just another good basketball mind around the program.

Right but I’ve seen multiple posts about how his mind is gone. I’m just saying they wouldn’t bring him in to be a mascot 

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Right but I’ve seen multiple posts about how his mind is gone. I’m just saying they wouldn’t bring him in to be a mascot 

Even better. Gives him plausible deniability. Can’t tell on yourself for delivering bags when you don’t remember doing it.

Well I'm not positive that Woodson will work out or not but from everything I've read and his speech at the coach announcement if it fails it will not be from lack of effort or passion. Im fully behind him and can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks as far as assistants and players. Go Hoosiers.