Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's a concern. Hence the "we should have hired him X years ago".

But at least we get through multiple recruiting cycles with Woody. I still believe that with Beilein, who is a great coach, we would have suffered from that on day one.

That's all fine and dandy but we didn't land him X years ago.  We landed him at age 63.  Does he make it through multiple recruiting cycles?  We'll see.

14 hours ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

I don’t want to paste a bunch of random tweets but the overwhelming sentiment about Woody from Knicks’ fans has been incredibly grateful and positive. Just thought that was interesting and perhaps something to consider for those who slandered his nba record. 

The overwhelming sentiment from Minnesota fans to Richard Pitino has been incredibly grateful and positive. 

Live in Virginia, so I tried to stream Dakich so I could hear the Woody interview. Unfortunately, I was a tad late and missed it. And after about 30 seconds, I had had enough. DD didn't trash the Matta hire, but deemed it unnecessary. MIKE DON'T NEED NOTHIN'. HE DON'T NEED ANY HELP. HE DON'T NEED NO ADVISOR. 

Um, If we're to believe Dolson, Woody asked for the resources to help and guide him through learning the ropes of coaching NCAA basketball. And by that, I don't mean Xs and Os -- or anything like that. There's a lotta sh-t you gotta know at this level. Matta knows it. Woody doesn't. 

Is he anti-Matta just because he's not an "IU guy?" ... Hell, he wants to be here, so why should that matter.

Jesus Dan -- just chill. 

1 hour ago, Papacap said:

But based on his answer, I’m not sure he will beg all of them to stay. I think that will depend on if he thinks they are going to fit into what he wants to do.

I picked up on that right away......He said he will go back and watch a little film of these players. In his eyes, some kids may not be able to cut it.

2 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

according to DD it is an $22 million/6 year contract 

I predicted $21 million / 6 years. I was close.

This is fair. He makes more than Howard at Michigan and is still top four in the B1G. Plus, the buy-out will be pretty manageable in year 4 in comparison to Archie's contract, if it comes down that road. We don't know.