Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

1 minute ago, Trish said:

But he wasn't their head coach! Nor did he recruit those specific players there as it's the NBA.

We'll see if he can relate to young players and coach them in today's college basketball! 

Why is your name Trish now haha. 

That's fair that he wasn't their head coach and he didn't recruit them, but it shows he's not some old head who has no idea what kids are like these days. He's not going to come in and ask if they've got the new LL Cool J album on their Walkmans yet. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Why is your name Trish now haha. 

That's fair that he wasn't their head coach and he didn't recruit them, but it shows he's not some old head who has no idea what kids are like these days. He's not going to come in and ask if they've got the new LL Cool J album on their Walkmans yet. 

In case I get hired by Woody. ;) 

Chris said he would send him my resume. I think he and I are grabbing dinner tonight! I'll tell him who he needs to hire. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

No concern about age?

That's a concern. Hence the "we should have hired him X years ago".

But at least we get through multiple recruiting cycles with Woody. I still believe that with Beilein, who is a great coach, we would have suffered from that on day one.

The part of the press conference where Dolson said he talked to the players before the hire on what they wanted and they mentioned having a coach they could have a relationship with  and style of play ( mentioned twice) was very interesting. Sounded to me maybe the players didn’t like Miller’s style of play or maybe had “soured” on Miller.

Ok my take away from the PC:

-Let's get this out of the way. Not sure how I feel about the 3rd person stuff lol. Generally makes me cringe

-Passion. The man clearly loves IU and there is zero doubt his wants and our wants for the program are in line.

-Self awareness. He knows what his weaknesses are and will be but being able to embrace them and be transparent about it can't be understated.

-Confidence. He knows what works and has worked. Gave me the impression he's got a system and plan that will work and he knows it. I liked his answer about the current players and seeing where their heart is. Heart and determination is what I grew up knowing IUBB to be about.

He definitely takes his time to get his message across and seemed to float into reminiscing in his mind during some of his answers. Upon completion of this post yeah.....PR people probably should correct the 3rd person stuff lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Gettin' buckets, midrange and from the baseline.  Like a lot of IU players in that era he had great shooting form.

We’ve got a winner. Hopefully the days of bad shooting form that doesn’t improve are over.

37 minutes ago, Trish said:

His ability to recruit the teams own players coming back will give us a sign of his recruiting abilities, stop. He said he would beg for them to stay. Let's see how good he is. 

He said the right things publicly about keeping the roster intact but privately, he may feel that if 1 or 2 leave he's perfectly OK with that especially with a Las Vegas buffet of players in the portal to go after -- nearing 1,000 I believe.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He said the right things publicly about keeping the roster intact but privately, he may feel that if 1 or 2 leave he's perfectly OK with that especially with a Las Vegas buffet of players in the portal to go after -- nearing 1,000 I believe.

Yeah it's always interesting to hear the public answers. I honestly don't buy Dolson thinking of Thad on a plane trip home from New York lol. 

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

He is not fooling around

I think other than the 6th grade teacher story (we ARE awesome...) and his remarks about RMK- that comment stood out to me- If you want to know if you can trust someone, it has to be face to face.. that was awesome and shows respect that he expects and perhaps a little RMK in that comment as well.. 

10 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Gettin' buckets, midrange and from the baseline.  Like a lot of IU players in that era he had great shooting form.

Without the injury, he may have outscored Calbert. Gifted fluid scorer. As others said, he was Big 10 mvp playing only 6 games. Lit up Illinois for 48 shortly after coming back from back surgery.

I'm all for taking more threes but would like it even more if we were making more threes.  Gotta have makers and not the kind that JUST make when completely open but the kind that can take and make difficult shots.  Watch who is left in the tourney and those teams have those kids.  We need to get those kids.

I'll be happy to see a team that plays harder, smarter, and is more fundamentally sound. That will be a major improvement.

Also, I think we need one or two of these guys.

jc.jpg