Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

This was my first thought. The people complaining about how he is speaking were just trying to find a reason not to like this. My first thought was if he was sitting in my living room, I'm gonna very comfortable sending my son off to campus with Coach Woodson as his father figure away from home. 

I also guarantee he’s exhausted from everything, emotional, and likely totally different when he’s not in front of press.

15 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Call me a sucker, but I’m really buying what Coach Woodson is selling. My only real concern for him is that he’s 63. I think his NBA experience is only a positive, and I love having a coach who obviously understands how important this position is, and it’s so easy to see that it’s his absolute dream job. I’m looking forward to seeing a modern team. 

Well, look at the ages if our last two presidents (US). He could easily do this for 15 years if he stays healthy.

Just like a physician, the first rule is to do no harm. With Woodson, you can be assured he’ll do no harm to the IU basketball program. He loves it too much. He’s gonna be fine. Surround with the best people, lean on Matta as you learn the college landscape, it’s gonna work out. Just have a good feeling about Coach and this hire.

27 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

At least we don’t have to worry about Woody using technology to cheat

Hire Kelvin as an assistant. He'll get that s**t right! 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We absolutely did not. And we sure as **** didn't have the skill set or talent for it. 

Ummm. Our entire offense was 4 out 1 in this year. lol.

That or our Pick n Roll series / Roll & Replace series