Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

22 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

What are your credentials that deem it's a good hire? See how silly that is? Was Woodson at the top of your list 2 weeks ago? Top 5? I didn't think so.

What choice do we have but to "give it a shot" Woodson is the new coach, end of story. I can't filibuster it or launch a coup against the athletic dept. So we'll all find out together. I don't apologize for assessing the move and finding it terrible. Not agreeing with the hire isn't some kind of betrayal anymore than you liking it makes you a lapdog sychophant. We all have opinions. I've explained my justification in a handful over other posts, no need to repeat them here.

I understand not wanting to hear criticism and putting the best spin on it. I got aggravated with the anti-Archie drumbeat even though I wanted him gone too. So I'll shut up soon enough and see what happens. However pretending Woodson is a great hire isn't fooling anyone. IU settled for a second, maybe third rate option. No idea if that is because the top choices declined, Dolson quailed, donor pressure, who knows? Most are saying "it could be worse" or "this might work if...." and that is telling. IU didn't hire the best guy for the job. I hope he succeeds, but have very low expectation he will. I care more about IU basketball than any other sport and I'm tired of being disappointed and having little reason to be optimistic.

"Mike Woodson, Head Coach Indiana University" Sigh. 

Image result for Sad Emoji. Size: 119 x 110. Source: emojiisland.com

This x1000...

I will get behind him, I’m already taking a deep breath and knowing I HAVE to as a fan. But this is the most disappointing hire in all the teams I have followed BY FAR. It could work. It could fail. Time will tell.

We’ll see how he retains our current players because as I’ve stated before, one huge question mark for him is recruiting which is well over half what makes you a successful college coach, and our potential recruits are the EASIEST to get back. It’ll be easier than starting from scratch with highly touted players who are beginning the process. If he retains a lot it won’t prove he’s going to be great at recruiting, but if he loses most or all, that is a HUGE red flag already.

And here...We...go.

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Not trying to get in the middle Badge, but @mdn82 is one of the real good guys. He wouldn’t be calling you out, just honestly asking a question. 
Go IU and Coach Woodson!

Ok...then I’ll trust you and assume I took it wrong. My apologies @mdn82 I’m deeply discouraged by this hire moreso than I was with Crean. I’m grasping and not in a good place with it. But I’m being honest.