Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

3 minutes ago, DWB said:

No first hand knowledge, but having had a stint in the clothing industry,  I would suspect that Adidas has designers on staff that come up with  several prototypes (like auto guys have concept cars) and run them by the schools for approval. Not sure what IU's approval process is, but one would think the players would have some type of input. (maybe not major, but some)

Players don’t have any input, but the rest is correct. Usually the head coach gets the final say, but Fred had a lot of input with uniforms. I think he was one of the ones pushing for the camo that football wore last year. This stuff is done years in advance of them being worn most times. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Players don’t have any input, but the rest is correct. Usually the head coach gets the final say, but Fred had a lot of input with uniforms. I think he was one of the ones pushing for the camo that football wore last year. This stuff is done years in advance of them being worn most times. 

Not saying you're wrong at all, but the clothing industry changes every 3-6 months. Deciding on uniforms years in advance is really surprising to me.

Anyway, back to Coach Woody !

8 hours ago, BadgerVol said:

Not gonna go that road with you. I’ll name names “NOT Stevens” and then you’ll just say they wouldn’t come regardless of the money we thru at them. So you. Can take your “win.” Woodson is the best candidate we could have gotten and we should all be thrilled at such a great hire.

Kudos.

Not trying to get in the middle Badge, but @mdn82 is one of the real good guys. He wouldn’t be calling you out, just honestly asking a question. 
Go IU and Coach Woodson!

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I know the press conference is on BTN/Fox Sports App but will it also go live on YouTube, Twitter or Facebook or anything?

Guarantee it will be on youtube. I have watched all the press conferences on there the past few weeks including Dolson's when he announced Archie's firing

How does picking uniforms work. Does Adidas just come up with them or do they get the approval from the coaching staff and does the staff ask a few of the players for their opinion on them before finalizing? I've always been curious how this works at D1 schools. 
I've also always been curious. I do know that Adidas makes renders of jersey designs and presents them but what happens from there I have no idea.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

So was Matta really #2 on Dolson's list like was mentioned before or was this always the play with him? Hoping it is the latter because that puts him and Woody in an interesting spot if matta was the #2 after Stevens. 

If you haven’t seen the clip of Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith talking about the hire I’d suggest you check it out. Almost my exact feelings. Also, Chuck calling out the NCAA after the last game of the Sweet 16 is the opposite of turrrble!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

If you haven’t seen the clip of Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith talking about the hire I’d suggest you check it out. Almost my exact feelings. Also, Chuck calling out the NCAA after the last game of the Sweet 16 is the opposite of turrrble!!

can you share the link? 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Link?

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I've also always been curious. I do know that Adidas makes renders of jersey designs and presents them but what happens from there I have no idea.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Gut feeling is the coaching staff decides and in some cases they probably ask certain players opinions but that's just a guess based on what I know happens at most high schools. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was waiting for their take. Wally's as well (he's a Knicks commenter). Never saw it yesterday. 

Is there a link?

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

So was Matta really #2 on Dolson's list like was mentioned before or was this always the play with him? Hoping it is the latter because that puts him and Woody in an interesting spot if matta was the #2 after Stevens. 

Thad is a competitor and a basketball coach. I'm sure that's where he wants to get back to eventually. His health is probably worse than he wants to admit. If it wasn't, someone would hire him. This seems like a great way for him to get back in the game so I wouldn't count on him being at IU long term. 

I would be curious to see how much we're paying him.