Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

3 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

According to Doyle in the Star he's going to oversee recruiting among other duties. Let me tell you something. Look it up, Thad Matta ruled Big Ten recruiting at Ohio State. Go to Ohio State 247 and look at Matta's classes even when he was struggling with health at the end. Thad Matta is absolutely going to crush it recruiting at IU. 

Matta was a fantastic coach and recruiter at OSU -- until his health problems. But he won't be recruiting at IU. He's an administrator -- not a coach. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Matta was a fantastic coach and recruiter at OSU -- until his health problems. But he won't be recruiting at IU. He's an administrator -- not a coach. 

I would assume that Doyel meant that Matta will help with coordinating who to recruit and how to go about doing it and then help seal the deal when they get to campus. Not that he's going to be out on the road doing it because that isn't allowed. IU has other people on coaching staffs at the university that do similar things. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

SIAP.

BTN will televise today's press conference.  Last night it was stated it would be at 10:30 this morning and I've not seen anything different this morning.

Someone else posted earlier that it was @ 10. Probably should check out both times to make sure you don't miss it.

6 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Uniforms, (Nike sponsorship, names on back, adding mascot (the Arkansas Razorback uniforms were so cool, we could do the same with a bison)) that’s an easy fix, same with a few of the other complaints.

A bison? 

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I would assume that Doyel meant that Matta will help with coordinating who to recruit and how to go about doing it and then help seal the deal when they get to campus. Not that he's going to be out on the road doing it because that isn't allowed. IU has other people on coaching staffs at the university that do similar things. 

That is correct.

18 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

This, but also: would bet Matta will help with the AAU relationships as well, since that's something that Woodson has likely never developed. Matta can't recruit off campus but he can certainly talk to AAU coaches/HS coaches all he wants.

Uniforms - Don’t touch them, especially no names on the jerseys, ever!  I would be fine with some sort of mascot though!  Changing sponsors is fine if we want, I’m not in love with Adidas per say, but I also don’t have anything against them either. I would be ok with an alternate uniform for the B1G tournament or to use in a non-conference tournament but not as a permanent change.

Facilities - Cook Hall was just built. There should be 0 reason to renovate it already.  What other facilities are we missing that wasn’t just built with the additions made to Memorial Stadium which are for the entire Athletic Department, not just Football?

Assembly Hall could use some more renovating overall but doesn’t need rebuilt. It would change the acoustics and feel of the crowd, which is a huge part of what makes the place great and special. I hate all of these new nba style arenas like the YUM center.  They all look the same and the atmosphere sucks. However and having said all that, I would be ok with it if we kept the look, the feel and overall recognizable design of it but that would never happen in today’s architecture and building trends. 

My guy. Change is the only constant. You have to look at uniforms not through the lense of an IU fan, but as an 16-18 year old. The cut of our uniforms isn’t what kids want. Adidas doesn’t push any merch for IU. Done believe me? Go to any open gym at a YMCA and see what the kids are wearing, it’s not adidas. Names on back would signal we are with the times. If you want to say “keep the piping style jersey with no names for home games” then I’m okay with that, but the cut needs updated.

A few years ago on this board someone posted Texas Techs practice facility. It was twice as large as ours. Had twice as much stuff, more courts, etc. IU may have a top 30 (closer to 30 facility) but not top 5... my point is if we want a top 5 blue blood program we have to act like a top5 blue blood.

I hate the atmosphere of the yum center too. I think there’s a way to make assembly hall better Is all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I woke up wondering how Scott Drew turned down Indiana. Mussleman.. etc. Was this really the second and only option? We'll never know of course. 

Looking forward to the presser. I'd like to see some questions about style of play. He hasn't been a head coach in years so I'm curious to see what he wants.

Also, Thad in the admin role is going to be interesting. Basically an advisor to recruiting, the program, etc. I hope he's earning his paycheck and not just collecting health insurance from the University.

ONWARD!