Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

50 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

If a player CHOOSE not to go, that makes it easier on a roster spot...

Yup. Whoever it is, I would be working immediately to fill that spot. There isn’t a player on that roster good enough to not hear Woodson out. Good riddance. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is Indiana and who cares who those guys would hire.  UNC hired Matt Dougherty so they did the same thing.  Maybe Iu heard the same thing about beard that UCLA did when they decided not to reach out to Beard.

And they had the other old fart before Doherty who tanked the program. Unc begged roy to come home and were lucky they had a tier 1 coach in their ranks.

Ucla hired Alford who is an iu guy but wouldn’t make many top 10 lists. And lavin. 

UK has had a few stinkers even though pitino and now cal were big boy hires. But cal came with baggage and Pitino was a young guy walking into a dead program. 

Duke has had the same guy for 40+ years. 

Really, Kansas is the one that seems to nail it every time. We should hire ADs that are KU alums, i guess. 

3 minutes ago, iubb said:

GFY GOODMAN
2de16b2c1e663b3ace6856baa8f3b4de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, who cares what he thinks. I wish IU fans would stop interacting with him on Twitter. He is getting what he wants. This is the same guy that ripped people for saying Archie wouldn't work back when he was hired in 2017. He is like Skip Bayless- an entertainer. 

3 minutes ago, iubb said:

GFY GOODMAN
2de16b2c1e663b3ace6856baa8f3b4de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how these media guys continue to be wrong and carry on with the same, cocky attitude.

This is the guy that said Archie was a home run hire, right? The same guy that lambasted people who questioned the Archie hire?

To be that wrong, and carry on like you've never been wrong takes a special person.

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

And they had the other old fart before Doherty who tanked the program. Unc begged roy to come home and were lucky they had a tier 1 coach in their ranks.

Ucla hired Alford who is an iu guy but wouldn’t make many top 10 lists. And lavin. 

UK has had a few stinkers even though pitino and now cal were big boy hires. But cal came with baggage and Pitino was a young guy walking into a dead program. 

Duke has had the same guy for 40+ years. 

Really, Kansas is the one that seems to nail it every time. We should hire ADs that are KU alums, i guess. 

The old fart you are talking about went to 2 final fours in 3 years

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Yup. Whoever it is, I would be working immediately to fill that spot. There isn’t a player on that roster good enough to not hear Woodson out. Good riddance. 

I'll probably get ripped for this but Dakich said it best on his show on Friday. If they don't want to be here, goodbye. I get listening to other schools while Indiana was searching for a new coach. But they have one now. They either fit in with what Mike wants to do or they don't. I don't see how someone wouldn't want to stick around for a former NBA coach when they came here to play for Archie. But that's just me. 

11 minutes ago, BadgerVol said:

usually post on another site. First time here..

Devastated by this hire but what do you do? Hope it works. It’s pathetic when a message board of a Blue Blood program has countless posts convincing each other this is going to work, instead of everyone freaking out in excitement for what everyone KNOWS is coming.

Can this work? Yes. Anything is possible.

But I was WAY more excited about both Crean and Archie than this one. And I wasn’t that excited for either. So maybe this will be the key. Unite the fanbase by getting someone barely anyone thought was possible to even seriously consider. Now we all rally around him.

I’ve appreciated arguments for why you believe he’ll be a good hire folks. I’m grasping for ANYTHING at this point.

The guys that think we are still a blue blood are the guys that are disappointed. Not blaming you for thinking that way, but I do not think we are a blue blood. 

Blue blood implies nobility and infallibility. We haven't made the tournament in 5 years and have made one Elite 8 in the last 20. We have been incompetent and embarrassed by our rivals...Hardly infallible--how the hell could we look in the mirror and say we are a blue blood? I cringe when I hear it.

Luckily we have a road back to blue blood status, which other schools do not. Huge advantage. But we are not a blue blood at the moment. 

Recruiting was something we all thought might be a strike against Woody but give me an incredibly competitive guy getting blasted by guys who are often wrong like Goodman. A guy who has wanted this job, not a college job but THIS job. Give me this guy as my coach vs Stevens. I can’t wait to watch him go out and prove the world wrong.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The old fart you are talking about went to 2 final fours in 3 years

With a loaded roster left by his buddy Dean. (I mean...Davis took Knights players to a FF.) Then what? He never recruited and bolted on the job leaving nothing for Doherty. Who ironically recruited the national championship team for ol’ Roy. 

Those were still two bad hires that nobody else would’ve made. To unc’s credit they corrected them quickly... unlike IU.