Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

This is not a hire that a big boy program like Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. would make.  This hire is a massive, massive reach.

The very likely next hire at UNC is Wes Miller.

When his name was mentioned in the coaching search thread, it was met with laughs and yawns

Just now, BadgerVol said:

usually post on another site. First time here..

Devastated by this hire but what do you do? Hope it works. It’s pathetic when a message board of a Blue Blood program has countless posts convincing each other this is going to work, instead of everyone freaking out in excitement for what everyone KNOWS is coming.

Can this work? Yes. Anything is possible.

But I was WAY more excited about both Crean and Archie than this one. And I wasn’t that excited for either. So maybe this will be the key. Unite the fanbase by getting someone barely anyone thought was possible to even seriously consider. Now we all rally around him.

I’ve appreciated arguments for why you believe he’ll be a good hire folks. I’m grasping for ANYTHING at this point.

There's a lot of good stuff in this thread.. you should browse through and look at the videos, etc that have been posted. I think for most the Matta hire takes this from being a headscratcher to sounding pretty promising.. He seems like a guy that players love being around, and that's something I've loved about Tom Allen. You want your team to fully buy in and being a players coach is a good way to do that. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

I'm with Archie on that one as I'm colonoscopy prepping tonight...

My least favorite procedure. Because of family history, I'm on the every 3 year plan.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

The very likely next hire at UNC is Wes Miller.

When his was mentioned in the coaching search thread, his name was met with laughs and yawns

It's damn near impossible to replace a legend/hall of famer and get the same results.  Unc and Duke are going to find out soon enough.

5 hours ago, JMett94 said:

89'

Guessing, based on your account name, I'm pretty sure I know you and your brother. I graduated in '92, played tennis and baseball. My brothers and sister went to NSHS. Small world. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

5 years for me. Go back in 2 years when I'm 30. I just put a tv close by and play video games. 

Had one at 45 and just had my check up when I was 50 and can go another 5 without one. I was happy when I found out they check your prostate by a blood test now than the old way

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Just know that if you were excited about Archie and Crean then your instincts aren’t all that great. So there’s no need to trust them now that they’ve got you down. 

As a wise man once said, if it’s inevitable lay back and enjoy it. 

I love RMK, but that was the most asinine thing he ever said- I have 2 daughters and pray they never have to make that choice.

Sorry to dampen the thread, but I just can't...