Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

1 minute ago, Papacap said:

Well, I’m not going to pretend to know what he was thinking in terms of options. But if you mean coaches like Beard, Musselman, Drew, etc., I have zero problem if he decided, I’m going for Stevens. If I don’t get him, I’m going Woodson. What I’m not going to do is repeat the mistakes of. Real and Miller and go after a coach just because they have made a deep run in the tourney.

I’m not saying getting any of those coaches would have been bad. I’m saying I think it’s a legitimate strategy to say, nope...not going to do the same things we have done that haven’t worked.

And if he would have interviewed the others and then he said that , I would be all for that. But you never know what doors open up if you don’t look . Just know what you have available.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

You can't lead it after all you've said.  There's a spot for you in the caboose 

Hey I led the Archie train after all the bad things I said. Although no one else was on the train, but I have experience leading a train and an IU degree. That’s good enough. ;) 

One big thing with Woodson is that his time as an NBA head coach especially with the Knicks will have him WAY more prepared at handle the media scrutiny and remain focused than Miller, Crean, and Davis. And I think he will thrive with all the booster/fan interaction where it was an unpleasant and added distraction for the past guys

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m going what Chris said.  It’s under that context that if he only interviewed three people, then yeah my opinion (just my opinion folks ) it’s a disservice to not look at everything before you make a decision. 

We have no clue who he interviewed and it has been said that he interviewed Cheaney, Matta.  Also I am sure he put feelers out to many guys and probably did not get a positive responses.

Mr. Mike Woodson-

Get your staff together soon.  Watch hours of video. Recruit the Indiana guys you want to stay, land a couple significant transfers and let’s win some damn basketball games.  This roster as it’s currently assembled isn’t good enough.  Have an excellent eye and get the right pieces.  

Lets ******* Go!  

Prove me and most of the state wrong, sir!  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

2 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Sorry if already posted, has anybody said what the contract is?  Money and years?

I'm sure the local sites and papers have foiled IU to get the details. All the money, benefits, and buyout info will probably be in the public view in a couple weeks.

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Good discussions today boys and girls! 

Looking forward to the presser tomorrow. Scott will sale Woodson. Woodson will win the conference although I wish it was in person and not Zoom, won’t be the same energy sadly. 

I hope the reporters ask him questions regarding style of play on both sides. That’s what we need to know. He’s not going to tell us his staff of course.

I don't know how much you can take from a hiring press conference.  Miller said he plays an up tempo and a fast break style offense and never saw it.

I’ll admit I’m starting to get a little bit of excited about this after the initial disappointment. I think the addition of Matta is humongous and I think if he gets a good staff this could be a good thing.

obviously it’s impossible to speculate about this, but a tournament bid next season would be huge and go along way towards galvanizing the fan base again.