Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I haven't disagree with many of your points, but I'd just say that I thought the process, or lack there of, of the last football HC hire was a terrible process and that's worked out quite well so far. No idea if Woodson will work or not, but I'm willing to let it play out for the same reason as I don't know who would have been a solid hire anymore. I was wrong on both Archie and Allen.

This is different. Namely because the IU Football program is viewed differently.  I don’t think a hot coach would have taken the IU position at the time.  Sometimes it’s good to take a chance depending on the circumstance. The basketball team- I felt like we could’ve had interest from someone.  Maybe I’m wrong. 

Just now, IUrocker said:

Do you think this plan we had ready includes knowing the assistant coaches Mike will have on his staff, or are those positions not set yet and are just hopeful candidates discussed that he might go after? 

I think it’s possible that we knew 1 or 2 of them. 

1 minute ago, Papacap said:

In terms of the process, those search committees we have used in the past worked well. I love the fact that Dolson said, this is my decision (I’m sure with tons of input), and he will make his stand with this hire.

I’m not saying people can’t have their different opinions on Woody. But I love this process. Dolson showed some stones here.

I like the fact that he made it his call. I don’t like the fact that he did not look at all his options before making a choice. Smart people look at the whole board, then make the call. 

5 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I mean going into the tournament. I thought the PAC 12 was the worse P5 league in the country. 2 weeks later ... they might be the best. My point... who the hell knows. Everybody wants the sure-fire hire that can't miss and I think it changes daily.

I think we should give coach Mike a chance ...

No such thing as a sure fire candidate

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Dolson had a verbal agreement with Brad, he just couldn’t get him to sign anything. But he also knew that Woody wanted this job.

So do you think that means he didn’t/couldn’t wait on Brad or Brad just said no?

Just now, IU Scott said:

How do you know what the process consisted of because nobody here knows anything

I’m going what Chris said.  It’s under that context that if he only interviewed three people, then yeah my opinion (just my opinion folks ) it’s a disservice to not look at everything before you make a decision. 

8 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Then live with it. I’m posting on a basketball board. I’m not going to name call him because I respect the man, but get over yourself, I have a right to post my opinion as many times as I want. 

For any of you that "might" want to ignore a poster, any poster, just hold your cursor over their name, and at the bottom of the pop up window is the Ignore option. I think I'll try it out...

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I like the fact that he made it his call. I don’t like the fact that he did not look at all his options before making a choice. Smart people look at the whole board, then make the call. 

Well, I’m not going to pretend to know what he was thinking in terms of options. But if you mean coaches like Beard, Musselman, Drew, etc., I have zero problem if he decided, I’m going for Stevens. If I don’t get him, I’m going Woodson. What I’m not going to do is repeat the mistakes of Crean and Miller and go after a coach just because they have made a deep run in the tourney.

I’m not saying getting any of those coaches would have been bad. I’m saying I think it’s a legitimate strategy to say, nope...not going to do the same things we have done that haven’t worked.

Edited by Papacap

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I’ll be more sold if we get Lewis, a big time recruiter who bends the rules ;), and another recruiter. 

If we can get AJ Moye / Guyton  in support roles then I’ll lead the Woodson Wagon.

You can't lead it after all you've said.  There's a spot for you in the caboose 

2 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Over left-center field wall, right?  Walk-off?

Sacrifice in the bottom of the ninth of a tie game that advances a runner into scoring position. Could be a great play that helps win the game or could just be one more out closer to starting over the next inning.

Good discussions today boys and girls! 

Looking forward to the presser tomorrow. Scott will sale Woodson. Woodson will win the conference although I wish it was in person and not Zoom, won’t be the same energy sadly. 

I hope the reporters ask him questions regarding style of play on both sides. That’s what we need to know. He’s not going to tell us his staff of course.