Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

I know in the past I wasn't in it had to be an IU guy but I got to the point that I thought it was good idea.  Nothing else has worked and we trued the shiny new toy and it didn't work,  Why not try to bring out the old dependable toy you had as a kid because it has worked in the past.

4 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

If Woodson gets shooters to fit a pro style offense he could be very successful and that can be fun basketball to watch. Spread them out, hit from 3 with some dunks sprinkled in. Sounds good to me. 

I don't know because as a player Woodson bread and butter was the 15 foot baseline jumper

22 minutes ago, Steeler said:

My excitement level is near zero with this hire, the only thing I'm excited about is the possibility that all the people that have been crying for an "IU guy" will now shut up if this fails. I think many fans are so wrapped up in needing an Indiana guy that they can't think logically. 

This hire screams "nobody else wanted the job" and that just boggles my mind. I don't get it. At all. 

I'll always be a fan and want success, but I'm not feeling great about it. 

Same here. Don’t know what Indiana guy has to do with anything. Knight came from Ohio State and West Point. He wasn’t and Indiana guy. I’ll trade an Indiana guy for a coach who wins all day long. 

This feels like a horrible process. If he only set his eyes on only these two options that to me means that he was rather close minded. I know it was Woodson’s dream job but it doesn’t one should get it.  I’m just not liking this.  It screams of an amateur run administration. 

Just now, DChoosier said:

But you didn’t necessarily want IU to fire the guy that finished 6th, 9th, 10th, 10th.

I’ve stated my reason many times, but I know it gets lost in the many threads.

I wanted to keep him one more year so we get a hopeful homerun hire. We don’t know how Woodson will turn out. The no recruiting or no head coaching experience in college and in seven total years concerns me. Especially taking two years off from basketball the past two years. 

We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Same here. Don’t know what Indiana guy has to do with anything. Knight came from Ohio State and West Point. He wasn’t and Indiana guy. I’ll trade an Indiana guy for a coach who wins all day long. 

OK instead of Indiana guy how about an RMK guy who knows and loves IU basketball.  Every coach before RMK was an IU guy. and that won 2 titles.  Coach K was not a Duke guy but all of his assistants are former Duke players and the next HC will probably be one of those guys.  Dean Smith was not a UNC guy but after him all of their HC that have been hired was an UNC guy.