Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Just now, BGleas said:

I'm not saying he should care. But he would still have an expectation on how he felt this would be received. 

Obviously he won’t, but I’d be fascinated to hear Dolson really take us through his process and how he arrived at his priorities. Clearly he prioritized history far more than I, at least, expected. And he was apparently unconcerned by zero college coaching experience of any kind. Not being critical of it, but I’m curious to know how, or if, his profile evolved.

Just now, cthomas said:

I'm closing in on 73, so I'm guessing that puts me squarely in 'blue' hair territory. But I also know I have lived a good life and I don't feel entitled in any way. I say let the young folks have their time. I get almost as much pleasure watching kids have fun as I do having fun myself.

We need more folks like you with seats on the floor!

2 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Any eyes at AH from news media, etc since it was known Woody was meeting with the team?

I drove by as the players were walking out. Everyone looked defeated, frustrated, shaking their heads. I think I saw Rob throw a water bottle at Scott Dolson. 

Then I woke up. 

After some drinks I’ve gone from warming up to the Woodson hire to fully ecstatic about it. LFG Woody, glad we got somebody whose dream job it is to coach here!

Edit: I love the Woodshed idea too. Hopefully the team gives the students something to cheer for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, cthomas said:

Honestly, I'm good in the balcony just watching everything happening below me.

The balcony gets such a bad rep. Yes, getting up there is horrible, but it’s an awesome place to watch basketball and, like you said, the crowd. Especially during big games. 

7 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I honestly don't think he cares.  He really believes in Woody, I'm guessing!

I'm sure he doesn't care, just wondering what he was expecting. He had to have had an expectation. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I have my thoughts on this if you care. Stevens was plan A. Woodson and Matta was plan B. Woodson IU ties, Matta health make them great together. That was the search 

Wait. I read from an impeachable authority that we went after Holtmann. So it must be true.

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Having watched the great Nate oats now a couple times, he basically spreads them out and has his guys go one on one like every other coach. 

I find it hard to believe Woody is going to be at some big Xs and Os disadvantage in today’s college game.

It’s the 5 out offense, find the mismatch, beat your guy off the dribble. 3 point shots or in the paint. The rest are bad shots.

I have my thoughts on this if you care. Stevens was plan A. Woodson and Matta was plan B. Woodson IU ties, Matta health make them great together. That was the search 

Love this. F*** the Nat’l media for saying we settled on this search.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Scott is risking his career and the future of Indiana Basketball.

I like the confidence. We’ll see where the program is in three years - four years.