Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

2 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

I think you have mentioned something about him in the past & I know he was part of the allegations at UL, but what about Kenny Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean SMU? Larry Brown has never been apart of UL

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Memphis has had as much talent as any team in the nation the last two years, so I would say no.  IMO, a Memphis type of expectation would be the tourney every couple of years.  Hardaway certainly gets players but they underperform.

Penny is crushing it in recruiting, but simply can’t get his guys to play disciplined ball because his entire coaching resume before getting the head job at Memphis was one year as a HS coach. FWIW, Ewing was never a head coach on any level prior to GT so that’s a bad comparison. The better comparison would be Muss, but he did have to take the pitstop at Nevada before getting a big job.

5 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I'm sure he barely knows Woodson. Perfectly reasonable for him to save his thoughts for when he actually sits down with him.

I bet he has a contact in his phone before Woody was hired that he could check with to find out about guys who have been in the NBA for a long time. Especially someone who has been in the eastern conference 

1 minute ago, akinnaird24 said:

Sorry to confuse you by quoting that tweet. Was talking about Kenny Johnson.

Anything is possible. But probably not. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Any word on when the press conference is tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

10AM in the morning! 

Any idea what channel (radio/TV)?

1 minute ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Have you heard Purdue’s attempts? Even worse, somehow.

Unfortunately. I was at IU whenever that weird craze of those songs being made happened. Every party some idiot would put it on and ruin the whole vibe. I'm just trying to spare future generations that pain. 

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Penny is crushing it in recruiting, but simply can’t get his guys to play disciplined ball because his entire coaching resume before getting the head job at Memphis was one year as a HS coach. FWIW, Ewing was never a head coach on any level prior to GT so that’s a bad comparison. The better comparison would be Muss, but he did have to take the pitstop at Nevada before getting a big job.

Musselman was an assistant at Arizona State for 2 years and LSU 1 year immediately before taking the Nevada job.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Buddy......do you know where you are?

Fair point. We have no idea what a Mike Woodson player even looks like yet, but we gotta call our shot now.