Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

I think HSN crashed again and I am kind of glad. Some of those old curmudgeons over there are know it all’s and think they should be the next AD. Not that excited with the BS stuff initially.... open minded enough to give this a shot. We will know more in a year. 

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

I just got home and saw the news.  Did you see any of this coming?  Not to put you on the spot and I'm sure you have been asked 100 times.  Just haven't been through 45 pages yet.

I was told he was plan B. Last week after the Calbert interview he said that Woodson thought he had the job, then Matta was in, then he got interviewed. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Penny Hardaway just won the NIT... Is that considered a success?

Give IU fans long enough and they will talk themselves into it being good enough. 

Crimson Quarry had discussed Woodson and Larry Brown for the IU job in an article on the 23rd, but my initial question was if Brown was show claused or not from his SMU tenure. After some quick Google-ing I didn't find anything, but I'm not sure IU and McRobbie would even entertain that after the Sampson stuff.

3 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I don’t think the Woodson/Matta relationship will be the same as the Howard/Martelli combo.
Howard had never been a head coach while Woody was a NBA head coach for years. I just don’t think an experienced NBA head coach could be sold on having his hand held when it comes to coaching.
Help in other areas...yes.

Agreed. He doesnt need Matta on the bench. He can coach for himself. It's a better setup for them this way

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Memphis has had as much talent as any team in the nation the last two years, so I would say no.  IMO, a Memphis type of expectation would be the tourney every couple of years.  Hardaway certainly gets players but they underperform.

Is Larry Brown to old to be an assistant?

I think you have mentioned something about him in the past & I know he was part of the allegations at UL, but what about Kenny Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Belein would want to be an assistant, but I also don't think Woodson needs somebody to help with the coaching side. He has tons of coaching experience, unlike Howard when he was hired. Woodson needs some recruiting aces as assistants, not an Xs and Os guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nope. And Hardaway wouldn’t say it was.