Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Not sure if you were insinuating this, but I can’t blame Archie for not going on Dakich. Seemed like he was brutal toward him from the jump. 

Doesn't have to be just Dakich. I never heard Archie outside of his weekly show with Don. I like it when Painter talks to Dakich. I fee like I learn a lot about the game. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Doesn't have to be just Dakich. I never heard Archie outside of his weekly show with Don. I like it when Painter talks to Dakich. I fee like I learn a lot about the game. 

Like how to go one and done in the tournament? Sorry have to get in my shots now while I still can. That’s one thing I hope Woodson can instill again - a passion for not losing to Purdue

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Archie took a bunker mentality when it came to interviews and his reasoning for not going on programs was because they hadn’t won anything.   Goes along with Archie just wanting to coach basketball and not wanting to deal with the other stuff of the job 

I see what you did there 

I haven't read all 43 pages, but judging by the first page (and discussion leading up to this) I'm guessing a lot of people aren't happy with this. 

Did you really think that Brad Stevens was coming? People talked themselves into something that never had a chance. 

Woodson's not exactly a home run but I like it a lot more than taking a stab at some mid-major darling who ends up completely in over his head. Woodson should at least be able to win games and get to the tournament which I'll ******* take at this point over being at the bottom with Nebraska and Penn State. Woodson's NBA experience, even if he was moderately successful at best, earns him points with recruits and I have more confidence that players will buy in. It didn't look like players really respected little Archie from the start. 

If nothing else I'm excited for a fresh start. Here's to hoping great success for Woodson and that one day we can all look back and laugh at these takes. 

1 minute ago, mark1981 said:

I know this is way too early but assuming key guys stay and we score a decent transfer.  What are the expectations for next year?  

I think you answered this with your 1st 7 words. Let’s see a roster and a staff before we try to judge them.

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

We need an XO’s coach and two major recruiters. 

Hire John Belien as a senior advisor to the program. 

Beilein was recently (I think in the last week or two) asked if would ever consider being an assistant coach. He said, "no."

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

I don’t think there’s any doubt that Trayce will at least test the nba waters without signing an agent. 

Yeah this is why it would be great to find a way to keep him but he has planned to leave this year. Was content to go overseas to play if that was where his next step took him. 

So if he leaves that may be less on Woodson and just folllowing his plan