Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Devils advocate, but players don't exactly commit because of the assistant coaches unless your dad is the assistant - like at Oregon State and USC. Will Matta get Woodson's foot in the door? Certainly. But it's still on Woodson to land the player with his philosophy and sales pitch.
With how wrong I was on the Allen hire, I'm willing to let this play out, but I don't think people are out of line to be disappointed.
Big difference between being disappointed and going overboard

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Well, I won't have to change my avatar.

Like I have said, one of my all time favorite players. The picture of Knight's return to Assembly Hall with Buckner on one side and Woodson on the other says everything anyone needs to know. This might turn out to be the game winning hire we've been waiting for. I can't wait to see the team. This is a get on board or get out moment.

Just now, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Big difference between being disappointed and going overboard

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There’s absolutely no point in trying to dictate how people react to things. A gigantic waste of time and brain power - just my take on it. Am I thrilled? No, but I was wrong on Allen so this could work and I’d happily eat crow as would the rest of the bunch here that were against this move

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Maybe not Al but I think he sees his position as diminishing, so NBD.

As a side my son always quotes Frozone when he sees Al's pointy chin. Cracks me up every time:

giphy.gifimage.thumb.png.29444d55601e2e9d80d57a02ca1a514e.png

Frozone is the nickname I've used for Durham for quite some time. It's absolutely because of the chin. 

I think Durham is gone either way. 

It'll be interesting to see which players in the transfer portal Woodson wants to return and if he's able to convince them to do so.

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Woody's first visit to the town coffee shop (can't say barbershop -- dude's bald). 

Old-time client: "I don't have a hair of a notion as to why we hired someone who's been in the pros for the past 10 years. The main point here is we don't get Armaan Franklin back playin' ball, we don't have a prayer. He switches over to Purdue, we're in big trouble." 

Woody: "Gentlemen, it's been real nice talkin' to ya. Good night."  

C’mon we all know that Old Time client is Treesh. Hasn’t he said the same about some of the candidates?

Wow how quickly a certain crowd are already disingenuously attacking people who don’t agree with them.  You would think having to eat crow on Crean and Archie would have had some effect. 

Just because recruits know about the players that Woodson has coached(Carmelo). Doesn’t mean they are impressed by a guy who was past his prime before they hit 10.