Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

No disrespect, but how can you guarantee this? He has no idea how to go about building a college roster- and Matta can't help much there with the new transfer dynamic that has emerged since he left the game. I don't bet, but if I did I would go all in on "totally fail."  Just inexplicable how Dolson could make such an idiotic decision.  He literally hired a loser (career .463) Sooooooo frustrating to double down on stupid. FIRE DOLSON! 
How can people on the negative side can guarantee what they think will happen ?

Hint- no one can

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Logan Duncomb seems to be good with the announcement.

“I think that it’s an awesome hire,” Duncomb told Inside the Hall. “He seems like a really good coach with NBA background. And they bring on That Matta who has college experience. It seems like a deadly duo.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/28/indiana-signee-logan-duncomb-expresses-excitement-about-mike-woodson/?fbclid=IwAR3wyYw9pnOV9Vc1d3A0a73Ydj6-LyhPMRRA3qOq7UZNeANbxktly-Rb8_0

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

No but he can scout and do things within the team from his office. He can help Coach Woodson navigate the NCAA rules. Help with introductions to the key people in recruiting circles. 

Screams confidence in the new guy’s ability, to have to create a position to help him understand the rules & introduce people.  I hope they are splitting 1 salary...

Just now, J_Smiff said:

I'm an Arizona State football fan as well, and this hire is almost exactly the Herm Edwards hire to a T. Older coach with no college experience, never recruited, pro model being pushed, nearly universally mocked, etc.

I hated that move when it happened, but he hired a great staff that has been recruiting their ***** off and he is the relatable father figure that closes the deal. How we round out the staff will obviously be important, but recruits eat the pro experience up, and I don't see why they can't do the same with Woodson.

I'd probably take a bullet for Herm at this point with how he turned the program around and the trajectory they're on. Let's let this hire play out, but I think there's a good chance this is exactly what we needed too.

Great analogy!

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Logan Duncomb seems to be good with the announcement.

“I think that it’s an awesome hire,” Duncomb told Inside the Hall. “He seems like a really good coach with NBA background. And they bring on That Matta who has college experience. It seems like a deadly duo.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/28/indiana-signee-logan-duncomb-expresses-excitement-about-mike-woodson/?fbclid=IwAR3wyYw9pnOV9Vc1d3A0a73Ydj6-LyhPMRRA3qOq7UZNeANbxktly-Rb8_0

If you were coming to IU to play for Archie Miller, this is like signing up for the  SAT and showing up and it's actually an Artic Monkeys concert.