Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

I loved Woodson the player. I haven't really followed him much since. I have no reason to think that he can't coach IU basketball as well as anyone else. I'm old and probably an idiot compared to people who play the analytics game but I am pretty happy right now with the start of the Woodson era. As far as the national talking heads are concerned, my opinion of them is quite similar to Coach Knight's.

41 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So if he is indeed the hire and he is successful, you won't be back right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The only thing as nauseating as the ones stating their life is ruined because of this hire is you riding around like this. We’re still within the 3 hours of an underwhelming hire. Can it turn out to be a great hire? Sure, but it’s a message board for crying out loud. 

Edited by ib4iu
Typo

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

Winning is everything...no doubt. But I was looking at it from a slightly different angle.

Should CMW try to retain guys in the transfer portal? Maybe they need to sell him, (not him sell them) by showing him, how they CAN play. I'm not sure we want to keep the entire roster in check. There probably are a few guys that need to be gone. (not saying who. That's for CMW to decide)

If the transfer market is half what everyone believes it will be, it might make sense to revamp the roster asap. Just a thought.

Yea for sure.. get the man tape asap for a closer look at who he thinks fits his scheme. I don't want to hold onto current players if it's not a mix. Especially with a killer portal.  

To what end?  Basketball is played completely different now. 
Kobe Bryant studied many players that were way before his time. He learned some things that worked in a completely different NBA landscape.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, rcs29 said:

Kobe Bryant studied many players that were way before his time. He learned some things that worked in a completely different NBA landscape.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

As a teenager?  Or when he was an adult