Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Well this wasn't the hire I was hoping for but ill give the man my backing unless he really poops it up. I was one that would have been happy with a Matta hire , so having him on the bench really helps in my opinion. Hopefully Woodie will prove everyone wrong and have success.  At least I know he wants to be here. 

5 minutes ago, bizzle44 said:

More former IU players weighing in positively

That's good and all but to paraphrase Slick Rick, 'Calbert Cheaney ain't coming through that door. Alan Henderson ain't coming through that door.' Unless they come back through a time machine. That would be awesome.

1 minute ago, JudahRMK said:

Stephens is next in line at MSU

OT.  What if we had "poached" him.  Imagine the board reaction when they found out it was 'Stephens' and not 'Stevens'.  Whoa!

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Tom Allen had actually been a college assistant at least.  

We didn’t have to hire an associate AD to help Tom Allen with the job.  

And Lee Corso was a head coach with a 28-11-3 record when we hired him.  There is no one path to winning.

In terms of hiring an associate AD......I don't care who we hired as a head coach, getting him in the fold is a positive thing.