Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

2 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Don’t worry. We’ll consider taking you back once the weather gets fair.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Whatever makes you look cool buddy. Anyone who knows me here that I chatter about all IU sports. I rooted for the women’s basketball and football team before it was cool.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

I will say this. I do like Thad Matta as associate AD. That is a smart hire. And it’s nothing against Coach Woodson, time and time again I defended him in a Knicks blog, it’s just  think we could have done a lot better. 

The problem is I don’t think we could have done much better, honestly. That’s where we’re at. It’s Hoosiers “my team is on the floor” time. Just gonna have to roll with it. 

As with anything and everything, we shall soon find out. 

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

The problem is I don’t think we could have done much better, honestly. That’s where we’re at. It’s Hoosiers “my team is on the floor” time. Just gonna have to roll with it. 

As with anything and everything, we shall soon find out. 

This is very sad if true.  I’m in the belief that with the right hire anything can change. This one leaves me in doubt.  I hope it works out because I love IU but there are just so many questions on the table. 

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Whatever makes you look cool buddy. Anyone who knows me here that I chatter about all IU sports. I rooted for the women’s basketball and football team before it was cool.

As if these same people weren’t super confident about Archie 

Alright after digesting the news for a couple hours I’m starting to warm up to Woody.

He’s paired with a proven winner at the college level and I think he’ll do a good job retaining the guys who hit the portal. Add in a couple transfers from around the country and there’s a real chance Woody/Matta and whoever else rounds out the staff have the squad competing next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Woody played for Bill Smith who was a legendary HS coach at Broad Ripple. Over his pro career Woody kept very close contact with smith and even had him as an advisor in Atlanta.

Bill Smith passed away a few years ago but I can assure you HS coaches will know or will soon learn how much Woody valued his HS coach. This will resonate and while it might not be as exciting as a name coach, over time as kids and coaches get to know it seems clear he will be able to earn their respect.

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/hill-woodson-remember-mentor

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners