Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Woodson has a TON of coaching experience and knows how to deal with varying personalities and games. I feel like he can use various styles unlike our last two coaches. He should be able to game plan well and find matchup advantages as that is what most assistants do in the NBA. With Matta we now have someone with a Knight coaching tree history and The Butler Way. Let’s ******* go!!!

I’m not watching. I’ll look at the box score, but that’s pretty much it. Going to watch IU basketball used to be fun, but all of you feel it. There’s just something wrong with the program.  Yeah he might succeed but why are we always settling  and get gaming chances ?

Don’t worry. We’ll consider taking you back once the weather gets fair.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Lot of talk about the assistants. I'm generally curious if Fife would be willing to leave his Associate HC role at Michigan State to join the staff. I'd love it if he would, but I'm not convinced he wouldn't wait out Izzo.

for Fife to come I would assume 1) he feels he's 2nd in line, not 1st, to replace Izzo and 2) he would get a similar title on Woody's staff

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Michigan State has two associate head coaches -- Dwayne Stephens and Dane Fife.  Stephens has been there like seventeen years and I believe has been an associate head coach for seven more years than Fife.  I think most people believe Stephens is the next coach.

Oh, I knew about the two associate head coaches, but honestly wasn't aware of how long Stephens had been there. Maybe Fife joining is more realistic than I originally thought. Still think it would require a decent pay raise to entice him.

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m not watching. I’ll look at the box score, but that’s pretty much it. Going to watch IU basketball used to be fun, but all of you feel it. There’s just something wrong with the program.  Yeah he might succeed but why are we always settling  and get gaming chances ?

Bye Felicia!!

1 minute ago, Magisterium said:

for Fife to come I would assume 1) he feels he's 2nd in line, not 1st, to replace Izzo and 2) he would get a similar title on Woody's staff

Stephens is next in line at MSU