Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

46 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

His personality makes me optimistic. His former players all seem to rave about him. A big part of recruiting is getting players to like you. I never got the sense that our players ever really liked Archie. If Archie has any kind of personality, he sure never showed it. Our football players love Tom Allen and we see how much fun they’re having. His personality totally turned the program around. Who knows, maybe Woody could do something similar here. 

I think this is an underrated value as a coach- they're young men, you're real with them-they will respond..

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

Lots of “I’m not watching anymore!” floating around here....

You’ll be watching. See ya there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If it works out, they won't remember disliking the hire.  If it doesn't, there be here to 'I told you so'.

I’m not watching. I’ll look at the box score, but that’s pretty much it. Going to watch IU basketball used to be fun, but all of you feel it. There’s just something wrong with the program.  Yeah he might succeed but why are we always settling  and get gaming chances ?

I’m with you. I’ll never give up on my Hoosiers and cross my fingers Thad and Woody can turn this ship around. I’ll also be here to gripe and moan along the way, especially if we end up right where we are in a dumpster fire. 

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Lot of talk about the assistants. I'm generally curious if Fife would be willing to leave his Associate HC role at Michigan State to join the staff. I'd love it if he would, but I'm not convinced he wouldn't wait out Izzo.

Michigan State has two associate head coaches -- Dwayne Stephens and Dane Fife.  Stephens has been there like seventeen years and I believe has been an associate head coach for seven more years than Fife.  I think most people believe Stephens is the next coach.