Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

17 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Got a feeling we are going to have a star studded staff. If Thad Matta joins the program and he’s not even on the staff, that signals to me they are getting serious. Can’t wait to see what the roster looks like for next season. 

Maybe so.  We could have dropped $10M/year on Stevens, or $5M/year on Woody and spend more on assistants.  Big win there

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Don’t get me wrong , I think he can coach but I know him through the Knicks.  I don’t think he has the energy to recruit. 

I may be wrong, but it’s my understanding that assistant coaches do most of the legwork recruiting and head coaches come in to close the deal.

Just now, Josh said:

Maybe so.  We could have dropped $10M/year on Stevens, or $5M/year on Woody and spend more on assistants.  Big win there

that depends on whom those assistants turn out to be

10 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

I’m ECSTATIC!!!
GO MIKE!
GO HOOSIERS!!!
LET’S DO THIS!!!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Same. With an NBA guy, Matta, and some good assistants, this actually rules. 

I’ll eat my words if this doesn’t work out, but I’m ready for them to come out swinging. 

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Don’t get me wrong , I think he can coach but I know him through the Knicks.  I don’t think he has the energy to recruit. 

I’m concerned about this.  Low energy personality.  Maybe recruits and families will like that?  Maybe younger assistants can do a lot of the legwork.  

13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I mean he won a national championship so......

And he's top 20 in all-time NBA scoring and pretty much a lock for the HOF......nobody should be doubting Carmelo Anthony's acumen.  Coaching him is a plus.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

He needs some good, young assistants to help with that.  Lewis and Fife would be fine with me.

Order of business Coach Woodson ...

1. hire stud assistant coaches

2. Find players YOU feel will best represent IU basketball!