Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

9 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

So as an  IU guy in the transfer portal.

You hear that an ex-Hoosier, which has 25 yrs of NBA coaching experience  and a HOF level college coach is now ADBO replacing your failed previous mid major HC, how is this not a positive that you come Racing back to?

Pun intended

Yep. Think we’ll see players returning, will be interesting to watch 

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You can politely take your “Fire Dolson” BS to the forum that houses our former fearless leader IUGradman. 

Just trying to use some common sense as far as your other points, though. You don’t think an older NBA guy is going to come in here with a “win-now” attitude? And Matta can absolutely help. He doesn’t just lose his coaching/AAU contacts by not coaching for a few years. 

Devils advocate, but players don't exactly commit because of the assistant coaches unless your dad is the assistant - like at Oregon State and USC. Will Matta get Woodson's foot in the door? Certainly. But it's still on Woodson to land the player with his philosophy and sales pitch.

With how wrong I was on the Allen hire, I'm willing to let this play out, but I don't think people are out of line to be disappointed.

Logan Duncomb is happy. Safe to say he’s staying. 

The decisions of Duncomb and the guys in the portal will be very telling on Woodson IMO. If he gets those guys to come back, and especially if he can keep TJD, that will be a great sign for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan Duncomb is happy. Safe to say he’s staying. 
I'm sure Matta helps with him being from OH. Don't know if that's the case but that's my guess

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, JMett94 said:

Steven’s wasn’t ready. No disrespect to woodsons ability to coach colleg kids, I hope he and we are successful, but maybe he wants the job AND is taking one for his team. He could be associate associate athletic director when Brad decides to come back to college. 

I assume you went to North Side based on your avatar? I did as well. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m not a Carmelo guy but like you said he won a college title. He was team USA leading scorer. Basically he succeeded with god coaching and was just a stats guy with not so good. 

He had his most team success with the Knicks under Woodson. 

Also the kids love Me7o. 

It’s been an hour and we’re already comparing Mike Woodson to God??? Lol

26 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

I guess we're all assuming Woodson is starting immediately and not waiting until after the NBA season (regular season appears to end May 16th)?

interesting that getting a Head NBA coach now (Stevens) would be considered all but impossible due to the timing, but getting an Assistant NBA Coach is apparently no problem

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That confuses me too. He’s going to be an assistant to Scott. I don’t really understand. We’ll see how it plays out

Scott served as Associate AD to Glass concurrent with his Varsity Club duties and was an overseer of the basketball program. Looks like Scott has created a new position in the Kevin Van Rooy replaced Scott as VC Director but not as Associate AD in charge of basketball.

Some here have the "Prom nite and the pretty girl won't go with me" syndrome.
These are same ones that took their second cousin to the dance for 20 straight yrs.

Woodson will do just fine. Matta is a plus. Assistant coaches will be critical.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app