Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

LOL. 

We'll see what the remaining coach staff is. I don't know if we should go all Indiana staff. I mean that's kinda.. weird right lol.

Maybe Lewis.. is Roberts staying? Curious about Hunter

Hunter is in the mix and I’ve heard Cheaney could be in the mix. Also watch for Fife.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Counter to “Woodson is old”:

I can guarantee he didn’t sign on for some 3-year rebuild. He’s going to hit the transfer market HARD and be ready to compete THIS season. He’s going to go all in and it’ll either totally fail (very possible!), or there will be a lot of people extremely happy with the risky hire. 

No disrespect, but how can you guarantee this? He has no idea how to go about building a college roster- and Matta can't help much there with the new transfer dynamic that has emerged since he left the game. I don't bet, but if I did I would go all in on "totally fail."  Just inexplicable how Dolson could make such an idiotic decision.  He literally hired a loser (career .463) Sooooooo frustrating to double down on stupid. FIRE DOLSON! 

6 minutes ago, Moye > Boozer said:

Looks to me like the coach in waiting is Thad Matta as he (hopefully) returns to better health. In 7 years when Woodson retires, Matta will be younger than Woodson is right now by 3 years!

I’m being serious btw.

I’m thinking we might see a possible “ coach in waiting” when the assistants are hired. Don’t think it’s Matta .

6 year deal. Not sure about that 
Pretty standard. Have to give recruits the feeling of stability. Although we all know that can change

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Is there anyway we could get Belein as lead assistant

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never would have thought we’d bring in Matta as an associate AD so who knows. I’m guessing JB wants a head coaching job though. 

The days of the players running the show are over.
The days of the players respecting their coach and player accountability are here again.
The days of unimaginative, plodding offense are sure as sure done.
The days of NO NBA TIES to our program are over.
INCREDIBLE NBA CRED+COMPLETE TIES TO THE PROGRAM HISTORY IS A GOOD THING.

You must be confused. It will be a total reversal of your statement. Not to mention all his valuable recruiting experience SMH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

No disrespect, but how can you guarantee this? He has no idea how to go about building a college roster- and Matta can't help much there with the new transfer dynamic that has emerged since he left the game. I don't bet, but if I did I would go all in on "totally fail."  Just inexplicable how Dolson could make such an idiotic decision.  He literally hired a loser (career .463) Sooooooo frustrating to double down on stupid. FIRE DOLSON! 

You can politely take your “Fire Dolson” BS to the forum that houses our former fearless leader IUGradman. 

Just trying to use some common sense as far as your other points, though. You don’t think an older NBA guy is going to come in here with a “win-now” attitude? And Matta can absolutely help. He doesn’t just lose his coaching/AAU contacts by not coaching for a few years. 

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

Ryan Phillips tweet:

Just got texts from several Big Ten contacts. Most are lambasting the Woodson hire. One summed it up pretty well: “So a 63 yr old who’s never coached in college or recruited is the guy to rebuild that program? They could have done so much better. Indiana gonna Indiana.” #iubb

----------------------------------------------------------

Anybody who believes this guy is connected, give me a call, I've got some primo swamp land that is a "sure thing" for high end development. Arrogant SOB

From the sounds of those texts, it seems like his contacts are more likely “frat bro turned blogger” rather than college basketball insiders