Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

His meme game is impeccable. I’m looking forward to all the content we’re going to get next season! 

Seriously though. If he can put out an offense next year that isn’t so bad that it would offend Joe Naismith like Archie Miller did that’s a big step in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Not at the level of Woody. Woodson has more respect amongst the nba ranks than any college coach. I’ve said it before and it’s true.... there isn’t a bad coach in the nba that is asked to stick around as long as Woodson. You honestly believe that Archie Miller has more contacts in the NBA than Mike Woodson? Bc that’s what you just suggested. You’re wrong. I’ll accept your apology at a later date when it’s more readily apparent. Lol. 

I never mentioned Archie Miller but I strongly believe Archie knows quite a bit of NBA front office personnel. I mean, that's common sense sir. Woodson knows more for sure since he's been in the league the entire life, that's common sense as well. But will it pay off? Kids want to play for an old fart that hasn't won in the NBA?

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I give the mods permission to ban my account. Really wanted to believe this program could still be big time and make a big time hire, but it looks like that time has passed. 

It's been real, guys. I've loved the community aspect of this forum, but I just don't think I have the stomach for IU basketball anymore if this is where we are now. 

20210328_161116.jpg

So, basically we decided to bunt  instead of going for the home run.  But on some occasions the bunt that works out, hope this does too.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I give the mods permission to ban my account. Really wanted to believe this program could still be big time and make a big time hire, but it looks like that time has passed. 

It's been real, guys. I've loved the community aspect of this forum, but I just don't think I have the stomach for IU basketball anymore if this is where we are now. 

I'll miss you sir. It's been a fun ride. Sad our program has fallen off a clip and we're hiring a guy who has no business being the head coach. 

All it takes is an IU degree! 

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don’t dislike the hire but this is a disappointing result. With the resources at our disposal, we SHOULD have made a bigger splash. I still don’t think Woodson would be on the list if he wasn’t a former player. 

I fixed it for you.  Other than that one word, you are 100% right.  

Sorry has the bring this over from the other thread .....

So the NBA offense plus IU ties plus “clean hands” rules the day.

Extremely curious to see how this works. Knicks fans are sad to see him leave. They love the guy (not that that means anything).

If Muss can flame out of the NBA and find success in college maybe Woodson can.

Without breaking down their individual teams we’re talking a 43% NBA winning percentage (Muss) vs. a 46% NBA winning percentage (Woodson). 

The great news is we’ll find out about his ability to recruit IMMEDIATELY with the transfer portal.

While the farthest thing from the splash I was hoping for, I’m cautiously optimistic. 

It has worked for Muss and all his used car salesman antics. Why can’t it work for Woodson???

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

You guys tell me Woodson is better than waiting on Musselman, Oats, or taking Beard if possible

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Woodson with a monster staff is better than waiting on Musselman, Oats, or taking Beard, if possible.....imho