Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

What a huge disappointment but it’s what I’d expect for this administration. I’ll never stop cheering for IU or watching but this has become a bad joke and a sad commentary on the IU job if all we can attract is a guy with a career losing record in the NBA and not a day of college coaching experience. 

It’s one thing to hire Juwan Howard and have every basketball player in the country know who that is w/ recruiting, and it’s another to hire Mike Woodson.

I will support this team no matter what and think it’s possible that Woodson does well; but man is this disappointing given some of the other options I thought were possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I get what you're trying to do. But I just don't think that resonates as much as you might think. 

I think that people saying recruits won’t know who Woodson is is overblown. They will know as soon as he is named coach. And Woody will be able to talk to recruits about how he has developed NBA players.

We will see. But I like putting Woodson up against Painter in developing relationships with recruits.

I'll get behind it. Not who I want but I don't know anything. My issues are two things:

1) Can he recruit?

2) If he wasn't an IU grad, would he even be considered? 

I think we all know the answer to question 2. Let's let it all play out. I'm not thrilled but I'll give him a chance. I hope he has a good staff AND they hit the ground running.