Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Candidate Thread: Becky Hammon (San Antonio Spurs Assistant)

I will say this. I’ve always felt that since Knight got fired, the media and the forces that be have always looked at us to fail in any way possible.  If we hired her that goes away, because she would get national coverage and would not look like scum. 

That aside I think she’s at least worth an interview. 

No offense to Ms. Hammon, but methinks we're just getting a bit silly now. IMO, there are enough threads to follow as it is.

I think we should keep threads for realistic candidates to coach IU basketball. This is just not realistic. There is absolutely nothing out there -- nothing -- indicating she's a candidate to coach at IU.

She won the summer league. She’s been learning under pop. NBA players love her. 

Would be fun to see her recruit for the Hoosiers. Honestly I’d be more interested in this hire than Beards. Just for the fascination purpose. She could be really good but we’d be exploring a whole new dynamic with the first ever head men’s basketball coach at a Power 5. 

8 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I definitely wouldn’t be against this. Is there any indication of mutual/one-direction interest from her or IU? Or is this just speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m basing it trying to get the best person for the job.  I agree that there are others that I would put ahead of her but I fear that if there’s a scenario where those coaches might just use us for leverage (like Brad Stevens)to increase their salaries.  This would be to me the best case scenario if we need to go to tier 2.  Better than Alford that’s for sure. 

26 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I definitely wouldn’t be against this. Is there any indication of mutual/one-direction interest from her or IU? Or is this just speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It is ridiculous, unfounded, speculation. Entertainment value only.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It is ridiculous, unfounded, speculation. Entertainment value only.

Tell me why she would be worse than our tier 2 candidates (Alford, Fife, etc)? I don’t mind if we give specifics but so far I’ve read none.  

OK this is just in fun -- no one thinks IU is pursuing her or that she's in any way in the running.

That said, she's absolutely legit, she got the job with the Spurs on her merit, she was the one they / Pop wanted, for good reason. She's excellent. She has the love and respect of the players. She's really good. Anyone thinking to the contrary has no knowledge here. But it's all in fun.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

Tell me why she would be worse than our tier 2 candidates (Alford, Fife, etc)? I don’t mind if we give specifics but so far I’ve read none.  

The only reason you know who she is is because she sits down to pee.

Of course the players say they love her, and I'm sure they do.  That isn't a reason to hire her though.