Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Candidate Thread: Porter Moser

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This has been one of the ugliest offensive performances I’ve seen this season and I watched IU all year. Very big pass on Moser.

Worse than our 44 point effort against UT

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Well, this reaction is certainly surprising.

How? No one wants to watch a dinosaur offense from a .500 coach that has made 2 tournaments in his entire coaching career. If that’s the best we can do then we might as well just give up. 

If he ends up being the guy I’m not going to be mad.   I still think he could succeed.   Just like winning an extra game shouldn’t make someone that didn’t want him all of of sudden want him.   One crap fest of a game isn’t going to make me not think he could do well.   Can’t wait to watch the game. 

9u travel baseball tournament all day.   OT any pointers from parents that have been through travel baseball.  Seems like a whole didn’t beast.  Lol 

I would have loved for Loyola to win but not at the expense Indiana brass would have been fooled to think this was the solution to our problems.  Made the game hard for me to enjoy.   1 game is never an indictment, but there was enough to go on here already.  He needs a bigger job before he gets a top 10 gig if he actually even wants to climb the ladder. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I would have loved for Loyola to win but not at the expense Indiana brass would have been fooled to think this was the solution to our problems.  Made the game hard for me to enjoy.   1 game is never an indictment, but there was enough to go on here already.  He needs a bigger job before he gets a top 10 gig if he actually even wants to climb the ladder. 

I would very much expect that whether any coach won or lost any one game is completely irrelevant.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I would very much expect that whether any coach won or lost any one game is completely irrelevant.

I would expect that too, but it’s Indiana basketball and I don’t trust them not to get emotional and sentimental.  

look at the change in tone in this thread from 1 game. That’s fan talk, but that carries.  

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

100% this. Couldn't agree more. Only difference being, I was pulling for Oregon State either way. The Beavers Associate Athletic Director is a fellow class of 2002 Indiana University graduate and one of my bestest buds; a friendship that formed right off the bat, day 1 frosh year together at IU. I just shot him a text thanking him for helping squelch that shine from Moser in the off chance Indiana began to have any funny ideas about Moser. Anyhow, he says "you're welcome fellow Hoosiers".

Edited by Todd Parker!

I wonder if some people that post on here even watch the games.  The Porter Moser hate is absurd and laughable.  They didn’t have a good game but could clearly see what they were trying to do on offense/defense.  Porter Moser can coach circles around Archie Miller.  2/3 of their best players got in foul trouble midway thru the first half and had to go to the bench and they could not recover.  Take the top 2/3 players away from any mid major and they are going to struggle.  They just don’t have the kind of depth to recover from that.  That said, I have not and do not want him to be our next head coach but all the negative talk about him in this thread and other threads just seems inaccurate.  Loyola had a bad game and good for Oregon State.