Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Candidate Thread: Porter Moser

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Surely we wont gamble on a mid major guy this time.

Unless they make another Final Four. Then it’s similar to Stevens at Butler. The Bracket is set up for a good road for Loyola to make a run at the Final Four. 

1 minute ago, iubb said:

Eh. This guy seems different than Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn’t reliant on a single player and the rest being scrappy. His teams actually run a fluid offense with movement. Also a top 3 defensive efficiency in Kenpom, without running a gimmick pack line. 

1 minute ago, iubb said:

Eh. This guy seems different than Archie.

Yep. Not hiring a mid-major guy makes about as much sense as not hiring an IU guy. If that’s your criteria, you’ll miss the mark every time. The criteria needs to be can the guy actually coach, does he know his basketball, can he recruit, can he engage the fan base, and can he manage a program. Not whether his school is Power 5 or mid major, and certainly not where he graduated from. 

The guy is a mid major coach but he’s been to a Final Four and now a Sweet Sixteen (and possibly more).... most Power Five coaches haven’t even accomplished that, someone give me a better realistic option because unless Beard wants to come here I don’t see one.

count me on the Porter Moser train.

Yep. Not hiring a mid-major guy makes about as much sense as not hiring an IU guy. If that’s your criteria, you’ll miss the mark every time. The criteria needs to be can the guy actually coach, does he know his basketball, can he recruit, can he engage the fan base, and can he manage a program. Not whether his school is Power 5 or mid major, and certainly not where he graduated from. 

Exactly

He has a long mediocre resume, 54% win pct. His last 4 years have been good though. Still only 52 years old. Maybe he has figured things out and progressed is abilities. 

It took Jay Wright a while to figure things out.

If Stevens is out I want
1. Beard
2. Nate Oates/ Musselman
3. Porter

If porter goes far in this tourney I’ll move him
Above Oates or Musselman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app