Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Candidate Thread: Porter Moser

He out-coached Musselman last tournament, among others. I think the only other offense that looks as disciplined as Loyola is Villanova. Baylor and Gonzaga are more explosive, but I think talent is a huge part of their success. The question mark is the lack of consistent dominance. However, 5-1 in the tournament with an offensive system that is beautiful should put him 45 spots ahead of Woodson.

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

I'd give this game 20 more minutes before giving him the job. 

Yeah, Illinois may claw this back because they’re really good and they have playmakers. But that is as good a defensive gameplan as you’ll ever see. I keep running back Illinois’ actions and I can’t figure out how Loyola is keying their coverage changes, and yet they only had 2 breakdowns the entire half. I’m kind of blown away by that. They had 1 day to prep. 

Loyola is a tough place to recruit.  Kinda the red headed step child of DePaul (which has inexplicably sucked for years).  They have a rich auto dealer alum who built them a stadium years ago.  Moser has done a darn good job under those circumstances.   It’s still a Crean/Miller hire — will it translate?