Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierBoiler

Candidate Thread: Mike Lewis

36 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Those silly young fans wanting to hire a coach for his coaching resume and not the college he played basketball at decades ago. Lewis would be fine if IU strikes out on a number of other guys, but 1b? Not at all. 

The last 3 coaches have been hired on their resume none of them could get it done. I appreciate your opinion time to try something else unless we get Stevens.

8 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

The last 3 coaches have been hired on their resume none of them could get it done. I appreciate your opinion time to try something else unless we get Stevens.

Crean wasn't hired on resume, his resume said he couldn't win consistently and had never done better than 4th in a P5 conference.  Miller's resume left questions too. 

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Crean wasn't hired on resume, his resume said he couldn't win consistently and had never done better than 4th in a P5 conference.  Miller's resume left questions too. 

Ok... so they hired those “hot coaches”because there resume sucked.How are those two hires different than IU hiring the new “hot coach” this time?

Wait, then what the hell were they hired on?

You are kidding yourself if you think it was anything but resume.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Wait, then what the hell were they hired on?

You are kidding yourself if you think it was anything but resume.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean missed the tournament almost as much as he made it, take that one run away and he only made the tournament at a 50% clip, never did better than 4th in a major conference and didn't win consistently.  That was his resume.  That one run was the only thing saying Crean deserved a look.

At least Miller had 2 conference titles, at a mid major admittedly, after his one run.  His teams struggled with shooting though, which sounds familiar.

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm on the Lewis train. We probably won't need as much seating capacity as the Stevens train. In fact we may be able to get away with a short bus but hey. I'm gonna go get my helmet

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I'd prefer him to some of the names we've thrown out.

Looks like we may have to get a full size bus. More people joining in on the general thread. This was a shameless bump..... I'm not gonna lie

I apologize if my short bus comment offended anyone and mods feel free to hide it. Sometimes I just post as if I'm in a small circle of buddies or something. In hindsight it lacked taste and was inappropriate. That said the normal bus is running.

3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I'm on the Lewis train. We probably won't need as much seating capacity as the Stevens train. In fact we may be able to get away with a short bus but hey. I'm gonna go get my helmet

I would like to pair him with Woodson if no Stevens but OK with rolling the dice on him. He loves IU and much better to me than Porter 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would like to pair him with Woodson if no Stevens but OK with rolling the dice on him. He loves IU and much better to me than Porter 

Yeah I’d rather take a risk on an IU guy like Lewis than go with Moser. Lewis would live, eat, and breath IU basketball if he was the coach. Both would be risks, but we know Lewis would succeed or die trying. 

I’m all aboard the Lewis bus. Love his passion for IU and he has seemed to have done a great job everywhere as an assistant. Not excited about the other options being thrown around. Hurry up and lose UCLA, so we can hire him. It will be nice to have this behind us, so we can focus on what players we have on the floor next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This guy had the balls to yell at Bob Knight.  How many people saw that and thought they were about to witness a murder?  The fact he did it says something about him (possibly clinically insane), the fact he lived to talk about it says more.
And I'm memorializing it via my avatar

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

This guy had the balls to yell at Bob Knight.  How many people saw that and thought they were about to witness a murder?  The fact he did it says something about him (possibly clinically insane), the fact he lived to talk about it says more.

I was at that game. I sat there completely stunned waiting on RMK to kill him fully expecting I was at would end up being his final game at IU.   

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was at that game. I sat there completely stunned waiting on RMK to kill him fully expecting I was at would end up being his final game at IU.   

I heard Charlie Miller say that he got into Lewis face to tell him this is not the right time to do this.  Also after the game RMK said that Lewis was right so I guess that is one time that RMK said he was wrong.

Tom Allen: Not a splashy hire. Teri Moren: Not a splashy hire.

But boy, do they get results. And they've convinced me. No need to make a huge splash. 

Bring on Michael Lewis!!!

Maybe ...

(only if the Stevens saga is finally over and only if Beard isn't interested and/or goes to Austin).