Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

6 hours ago, Treesh said:

Beard is going to Texas folks. His girlfriend is probably laughing at the idea of moving to Indiana instead of Austin, TX.

We're striking out. 

#1 is out. #2 is out.

Should we change the title to, who is our #3? LOL

IF that were true, fine by me, Beard is not MY #2 :) 

Haven't watched Texas Tech this year yet but watching the game right now his team plays great defense, I just don't see his offense running many sets. Its a small sample I know just want a team that can run some offensive plays. Not saying I wouldn't get behind Beard I would rather have a little more open offense though. 

Just now, Brooks said:

Haven't watched Texas Tech this year yet but watching the game right now his team plays great defense, I just don't see his offense running many sets. Its a small sample I know just want a team that can run some offensive plays. Not saying I wouldn't get behind Beard I would rather have a little more open offense though. 

I haven’t watched either.

Some have noted the offensive and defensive numbers are pretty similar to Archie at Indiana I think ? There’s some great members on here who do research for us lazy folks!

Just now, Brooks said:

He has one of the most iso heavy offenses in the ncaa. I think he’s gone away from the motion the last few years. I like the movement and pressure defense of Arkansas a little more.

Just now, Treesh said:

I haven’t watched either.

Some have noted the offensive and defensive numbers are pretty similar to Archie at Indiana I think ? There’s some great members on here who do research for us lazy folks!

He’s a little better than Archie on offense. His offenses are usually in the 30s-40s. Peaked at 25 that title run. His defenses are much better than Archies which sets him apart.

3 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

He has one of the most iso heavy offenses in the ncaa. I think he’s gone away from the motion the last few years. I like the movement and pressure defense of Arkansas a little more.

I have watched Arkansas 3 or 4 times this year. I like their style of play. Justin Smith looks good this year. 

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

He had one shoe drop in Oklahoma and the second hit in Indiana.  At some point in time, I expect a third shoe falls in Houston.

He needed to go because of the type of players he brought in, the drug culture, the failed classes. But what IU self - reported, the phone gate stuff, wasn’t even against NCAA rules the very next season. That was BS, the NCAA was after him after he ran out of Okla to avoid sanctions, but the charges were just stupid. At Houston, no one is going to self report, and the academics for the players don’t matter much to UofH. He’s fine here in Houston, he’s an excellent coach, no one will run him out 

HERE’s AN OFFERING FROM ME TO THE BOARD—A REALISTIC list for y’all:

1. Beard

2. Musselman 

3. Enfield

4. Moser

5. Wes Miller 

6. Darian Devries

7. Lewis

This is also an absolute sunshine pumper home run list of people that may actually have a real chance to be named coach at IU. Any of them would be a major upgrade over Archie Miller at IU.

I’ll put the odds of it being one of my seven up against any list of seven coaches that aren’t on that list.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

HERE’s a OFFERING FROM ME TO THE BOARD—A REALISTIC list for y’all:

1. Beard

2. Musselman 

3. Enfield

4. Moser

5. Wes Miller 

6. Darian Devries

7. Lewis

This is also an absolute sunshine pumper home run list of people that may actually have a real chance to be named coach at IU. Any of them would be a major upgrade over Archie Miller at IU.

I’ll put the odds of it being one of my seven up against any list of seven coaches that aren’t on that list.

If anyone past #2 on this list gets the job, I will be an incredibly disappointed IU alum... 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If anyone past #2 on this list gets the job, I will be an incredibly disappointed IU alum... 

As long as IUBB is winning lots of games, you’ll get over it.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

HERE’s a OFFERING FROM ME TO THE BOARD—A REALISTIC list for y’all:

1. Beard

2. Musselman 

3. Enfield

4. Moser

5. Wes Miller 

6. Darian Devries

7. Lewis

If those bottom 5 really are the best IU can do I will be incredibly disappointed. 

I don't think Nebraska would hire most of those guys.

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

If those bottom 5 really are the best IU can do I will be incredibly disappointed. 

I don't think Nebraska would hire most of those guys.

Nope...Nebraska would hire Hoiberg—nice resume, experienced, and not good at all.

As long as IUBB is winning lots of games, you’ll get over it too.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

As long as IUBB is winning lots of games, you’ll get over it too.

Ugh....now I'm getting discouraged. I'm off to start a new thread about how IU has sunk so low we can only hope to hire Derek Elston......