Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

2 hours ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

For me, take away Chris Mack and replace with Mike White from Florida

Mike White is awful. I have two UF grad sons and watch them fairly often. He recruits well, but his offense is dribble a hole in the floor and chuck up a bad look 3.

He is middle of the road in a conference that tends to be very top heavy

image.thumb.png.b8be92483c8b64cee57413e21bf438a2.png

Edited by iu eyedoc

8 hours ago, JJacks said:

What about Conzo Martin?

7 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I was being facetious.

ok...thought u can;'t be serious but i have saw where one guy said Sampson again....lol

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Mike White is awful. I have to UF grad sons and watch them fairly often. He recruits well, but his offense is dribble a hole in the floor and chuck up a bad look 3.

I’m not a Mike White fan, but in his defense he lost his best player to that awful health incident on the floor. Probably cost him a couple wins. Just think about how worse we would have been without TJD?! 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Mike White is awful. I have to UF grad sons and watch them fairly often. He recruits well, but his offense is dribble a hole in the floor and chuck up a bad look 3.

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I’m not a Mike White fan, but in his defense he lost his best player to that awful health incident on the floor. Probably cost him a couple wins. Just think about how worse we would have been without TJD?! 

But eyedoc is saying it’s a style of play thing.

And having watched Florida play a few times, I agree.

Ok so far my top 5 (minus Brad Stevens because right now the door is closed).

1.Jay Wright

2. Chris Beard

3. Billy Donovan (see if he’s tired of the NBA. Doesn’t hurt).

4. John Beilein (if we need a transition for better options)

5. Porter Morser

Man we r throwing out so many names. My brain hurts. I'm starting to think there will not be a hire until after the tournament is over. Regardless of who it is. I just don't think Dolson is gonna settle until all his cards are played. I think he knows this hire right here just might be the most important IU hire to date. I for one hopes he DOESN'T rush it. Take your time Scotty poo. 

Saw an article from Rich Bozich that over the weekend, Woodson interviewed with Dolson and there’s interest in Matta. I actually like Matta if he’s healthy, but remain positive Dolson will make a great hire regardless! I really hope we don’t go mid-major or former player, but will do my best to support them to give them a chance.

8 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

So, many on here want another ...

Mike Davis

Kelvin Sampson

Tom Crean

Archie Miller

Instead of an Indiana guy.
How’d that workout.

Btw- have you seen Justin Smith at Arkansas?
Court is the same size.
Rim is the same height.
What changed?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Mike Davis was an IU guy when he was hired

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Kelvin Sampson didn’t flame out at IU. Our holier than thou administration fired him for making too many phone calls. He won 74% of his games at IU and had his team 22-4 and #14 in the country when he got fired. 

Archie Miller never coached at a P5 school. He made it past the round of 32 once at Dayton. We was one of the most well-regarded up and comers, but he was exactly that - an up and comer. 

I disagree strongly that Tom Crean had proven P5 success. Tom Crean made it past the round of 32 exactly once at Marquette in nine seasons. And that was due to having one of the best shooting guards to ever play the game on his team. In 5 years at Marquette after that, he missed the tournament twice, made it to the round of 64 twice, and made the round of 32  once. He won 1 conference title at Marquette and that was when they were in Conference USA. 

In the last three hires, we’ve hired someone with proven P5 success once. And that guy was a darn good coach and was doing an incredible job here before IU fired him for off the court reasons. So, I’d actually argue the opposite of your position. The one proven P5 guy we hired in the last three was the best coach we’ve had since Bob Knight  

Hiring someone who absolutely no one here would want if he wasn’t an “IU guy” makes absolutely zero sense. We aren’t hiring them to come play. We’re hiring them to be our head coach. MSU fans don’t even want Fife to be their next coach and he’s been there for a decade. 

Sampson brought in guys who were drug abusers and pimps so he needed to go for that reason.

4 hours ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Why 2025...he's only 53?  Look at his Wikipedia and tell me he isn't a winner.  His winning percentage is .740 and that includes his last 2 years where he could barely stand or walk. 

Rumor is he is healthy now after his last back surgery. I will take a coach with Indiana ties with a .740 winning % all day long!

If he is fully healthy Matta would be at the top of my list