Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Actually ALL of the people who fired RMK are no longer at IU... I said as much in my post...

but RMK carried that grudge for a long time after Myles Brand died... 

Yes, Bob did. Pat didn't.  Few people can hold a grudge like Knight. There's no reason for Beard to have any grudge in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Yes, Bob did. Pat didn't.  Few people can hold a grudge like Knight. There's no reason for Beard to have any grudge in the first place. 

Understood. I am not arguing for it... just asking about it... I mean, if you got RMK throwing that much shade on anything, it would have to color your thinking to some extent whether or not you have cause for the grudge.

If it is truly a non-issue, then I'm good with it... just asking because, well, who knows?

Understood. I am not arguing for it... just asking about it... I mean, if you got RMK throwing that much shade on anything, it would have to color your thinking to some extent whether or not you have cause for the grudge.
If it is truly a non-issue, then I'm good with it... just asking because, well, who knows?
Yea I think knight being back in bloomington is a bigger factor than what a scorned coach said after he was fired. Beard is also smart enough to know those people are gone. Other than his family being in Texas if you have a chance to leave tech for a big time program i think you probably do that. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yea I think knight being back in bloomington is a bigger factor than what a scorned coach said after he was fired. Beard is also smart enough to know those people are gone. Other than his family being in Texas if you have a chance to leave tech for a big time program i think you probably do that. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For all we know, RMK told Beard, IU has the best fans in all of college basketball!  The administration............not so much! 

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I am having trouble reconciling the Knight/Beard/IU thing... Beard worked for Knight immediately after Knight was fired at IU... Knight was extremely bitter -- even vitriolic towards IU... I cannot imagine Beard not hearing any of that, and 10 years of Knight and Patrick beating that drum has to have had some impact in Beard's head... 

All of the IU admin that fired Knight is long gone, and Knight has ultimately reconciled (at least to some extent) towards IU, but is that enough to make all of that history a non-issue for Beard?

I feel like it was said on this board a while back that Beard and Pat knight are actually really close friends. So regardless of what Bobby may have led Beard to believe, his friendship with Pat may outweigh it. Not exactly sure who said that here. Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

In the case of Beilein, 4 years is about all he has... I just can't see hiring a dead-end like that... even if JB turns things around, who's to say when his shelf life is up, that the next guy can keep it going?

You realize if you don't hire JB, that the "next guy" you are worried about might actually be the one hired in his place? So, if he "can't keep it going" after JB, are you counting on him to "keep it going" right now?

5 minutes ago, T White said:

You realize if you don't hire JB, that the "next guy" you are worried about might actually be the one hired in his place? So, if he "can't keep it going" after JB, are you counting on him to "keep it going" right now?

I honestly don't know. It just seems strange to me to hire a guy who you know that you will be replacing in a few (pick a number) years... as opposed to finding a guy who realistically could be a 20-year guy... 

I actually have nothing against Beilein... just kind of "thinking out loud"... and why borrow trouble down the line? If you can get THE guy now, why wait 4, 5, or 6 years to get him?

10 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I feel like it was said on this board a while back that Beard and Pat knight are actually really close friends. So regardless of what Bobby may have led Beard to believe, his friendship with Pat may outweigh it. Not exactly sure who said that here. Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

Again, I was just asking the obvious (to me) question... and if RMK could have colored Beard's thoughts on IU, how certain are you that Pat also wasn't colored? I mean, you screw my dad over, I'm gonna have an opinion...

I guess I've got too much "devil's advocate" stuff in my DNA...

From a year ago I believe. Still called pat one of his best friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, T White said:

Except if Bennett is still mad at IU for firing his sister. Plus, he seems a perfect fit at Virginia. Plus, Doyel has never had a clue.

Plus, it's Doyle... 

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Plus, it's Doyle... 

According to the snippet in the post I quoted it is spelled Doyel. Was that a fake account he quoted or something? 

Edited by T White

25 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Again, I was just asking the obvious (to me) question... and if RMK could have colored Beard's thoughts on IU, how certain are you that Pat also wasn't colored? I mean, you screw my dad over, I'm gonna have an opinion...

I guess I've got too much "devil's advocate" stuff in my DNA...

Yeah I’m going off of what someone else said in this thread that Pat didn’t hold as much of a fridge as his old man did. Who knows.

Edit: Fridge? I have no idea how big the fridge is the Bobby holds. But I hope the grudge Pat holds is inside that fridge and isn’t coming out.