Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

32 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not an insider, but I figure the ship has sailed on Billy the kid. When he and OKC parted ways last year, the Bulls snatched him up pretty quickly. If he had any interest in a return to college, he could have taken some time off to evaluate things and weigh any possible openings. But he dived right back into the NBA waters almost immediately. I think his days of college basketball are over. 

I imagine the same. I'm just curious about their mind set and the next move. 

I thought Stevens was a reach, but they apparently still put in the effort. 

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Really good last four years, but we are still looking at a guy who has made exactly two dances in his seventeen years as a head coach.  And it took him fourteen years before he ever finished higher than FIFTH in a conference.  Fired after four years and a 51-67 record in his first MVC stop (Illinois State) and at Loyala, it really took seven seasons to turn them around.  History says he isn't going to turn around a program with any kind of speed....based on his last two stops, he'd be fired here after four years.

Yeah I hope we stay far away from him. Not impressed at all really 

17 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I wouldn't feel good about that. His resume doesn't command that, imo. A raise, sure, but $7 mil is too much and would set him up for failure. 

For that kind of money I expect real results, real fast. Like competing for the B1G title in year 2, regular FF contender, etc. 

I hate to say it, but then you probably don’t get Beard. He’s already the third highest paid coach in CBB, I believe. 

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Beard is only 46. He is a fantastic coach and a charismatic leader.

Beard would be...

perfect.

Since Indiana has sucked so badly at basketball the last 5 years or so I've not watched as much as I used to so I'm not real familiar with Beard's style of play. I know many say his offensive style is boring. Idk.i do know that I've watched several interviews via YouTube. The guy seems to have the personality to lead and succeed. His results have been impressive at TT. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I hate to say it, but then you probably don’t get Beard. He’s already the third highest paid coach in CBB, I believe. 

Yeah, looking at the current salaries, you might be right. 

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Beard is only 46. He is a fantastic coach and a charismatic leader.

Beard would be...

perfect.

I don't know much about him, but did get to see his team play last night and I'll say this. They really went after it on the defensive end of the court. I was impressed with their effort.

45 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You can go down the list and come up with reasons why tbe top options wouldn't leave where they're at.  If we let that stop us from trying we will absolutely be disappointed with the next hire.

And you can create a similar list of why each top option isn't a good candidate, i.e., age, health, style of play, personality, etc.  It's almost comical in a way and I'm as guilty as anyone.  

The more this goes on the more I think we’re going to end up with Beilien. Ugh 
Why exactly because we exhausted other options? I would think if belein it would be soon but most our other options have been coaching currently

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, VO5 said:

The more this goes on the more I think we’re going to end up with Beilien. Ugh 

And yet nothing has changed except for one primary candidate turning down the job.

So if Beilein was our primary choice we’d probably know really soon, because he’s always been available. If we don’t hear anything really soon I’d assume Beilein is not our choice.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Gotta point out that, given what the PAC 10 is doing so far, Enfield winning COY is not nothin’. Not sure he’s my 2nd choice, but he’s certainly worth vetting.

For sure. He is excellent.

The folks that don’t follow west coast ball and want a “big name” will throw a fit, but if he wins big the fan base’s attitude will adjust quickly.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

And yet nothing has changed except for one primary candidate turning down the job.

So if Beilein was our primary choice we’d probably know really soon, because he’s always been available. If we don’t hear anything really soon I’d assume Beilein is not our choice.

I don’t think we’ll get beard or musselman due to TT matching money/family ties and Arkansas being able to match any salary we do. that will land us at Beilien. So I know nothing has changed I just think that’s how it will end up. JMO

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

I want a healthy guy in my avatar. Proven winner with enough Indiana/ Midwest roots that he won't be looking to bolt. Is young enough to coach well over another decade.

But is he healthy