Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

4 hours ago, Jam said:

How about Eric Spoelstra? He’s supposed to be a basketball savant. Makes half what we supposedly offered Brad. Having trouble getting too excited over the other names being tossed around.

Incredible coach. Not going anywhere while Riley is in charge 

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

And lose a lot along the way. Fife and Cheaney will be in over their heads. Get a coach power 5 success. If it’s an IU guy, it will be Alford. 

Beard is only real solution at this point to me.  Might be tricky with him being divorced and the kids in TX.  Dolson would need to be creative.  Maybe give him use of the jet whenever he needs to spend time with the kids.  

29 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Beard is only real solution at this point to me.  Might be tricky with him being divorced and the kids in TX.  Dolson would need to be creative.  Maybe give him use of the jet whenever he needs to spend time with the kids.  

I think there are 3-4 solid options, Beard is definitely one of them. In no order, Beard, Musselman, and Oats. I’m really interested in the Texas Tech - Arkansas game tomorrow. I’m viewing it like I did the Dayton v. Wichita St game when we last hired. Beard and Musselman have contrasting styles. I want to see how they handle that and if one can out coach the other. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I think there are 3-4 solid options, which is definitely Beard one. In no order, Beard, Musselman, and Oats. I’m really interested in the Texas Tech - Arkansas game tomorrow. I’m viewing it like I did the Dayton v. Wichita St game when we last hired. Beard and Musselman have contrasting styles. I want to see how they handle that and if one can our coach the other. 

I’m with you on Beard and Oats. Musselman I’m just not sure about because of some of the Crean vibes.

Just now, kottke said:

I’m with you on Beard and Oats. Musselman I’m just not sure about because of some of the Crean vibes.

He is outgoing but not creepy like Crean. Musselman also has NBA head coaching experience. Honestly, his style of play and background might make him the best fit for Indiana. Especially if they can go in a run this tournament to bolster his resume at the P5 level. 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I think there are 3-4 solid options, Beard is definitely one of them. In no order, Beard, Musselman, and Oats. I’m really interested in the Texas Tech - Arkansas game tomorrow. I’m viewing it like I did the Dayton v. Wichita St game when we last hired. Beard and Musselman have contrasting styles. I want to see how they handle that and if one can our coach the other. 

I’m with you. I don’t think any one of the 3-4 candidates are head and shoulders above the rest. Each of them have their cons. Hopefully, we get one of them and don’t have to go to option 5. 

11 hours ago, Magisterium said:

Beilein would not even consider taking the job unless he could hire his own assistants, and few (if any) of them would be "Indiana guys"

To me it wouldn't even have to be an "Indiana guy". Just a middle aged or younger guy that has a relatable personality, seems to have a good basketball acumen, and can recruit. That's someone with a future. 

I'm in my mid fifties. I'll be flexible on the definition of "middle aged" lol. 

55 minutes ago, Feathery said:

And lose a lot along the way. Fife and Cheaney will be in over their heads. Get a coach power 5 success. If it’s an IU guy, it will be Alford. 

I’m thinking it would be Smart before Alford  

1 minute ago, jonz44 said:

To me it wouldn't even have to be an "Indiana guy". Just a middle aged or younger guy that has a relatable personality, seems to have a good basketball acumen, and can recruit. That's someone with a future. 

I'm in my mid fifties. I'll be flexible on the definition of "middle aged" lol. 

Who was on his staff at Michigan? They obviously didn’t hire from his staff since they got Howard.