Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I really think Beard is the guy. He understands the IU history, he was an assistant for Knight, he’s had tournament success, and he has the charisma to lead a program as demanding as Indiana. 

If anything his working for Knight would sour him on IU.  At that time, I am willing to bet that Coach Knight did not utter more than one or two  good words about Indiana the entire time they worked together

I'm not saying you're wrong but why him?
An NBA assistant for 12 years with no college or head coaching experience. I'm sure there's a bunch of those around so what about him stands out to you?
Since he retired he has been an assistant under and learning the coaching of Doc Rivers. Recently followed him to Philly and is considered to be the next assistant that would be given a shot at a head coaching gig.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Bennett, Beard, or Musselman. All say no, then Beilein. 

I can get on board with this although I would add Oats (if the buyout it negotiable) and put Mussleman ahead of Beard. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

He coached in the NBA when Yao Ming was the best player in the league and I was in middle school. 

Kids don't know he coached in the league. He's wining in the SEC sure but the B1G is different. He's a used car salesman. His social media antics will drive Indiana fans crazy. He would drive Boosters crazy. 

He can coach and he can turn a program around quickly.  Six of the top seven players are ones he brought in and it was just his second year.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

He can coach and he can turn a program around quickly.  Six of the top seven players are ones he brought in and it was just his second year.

I've talked about it a lot but I'll make this different viewpoint this time.

Arkansas isn't letting him go. Arkansas has PLENTY of money to offer him to stay. Assuming they do okay in March I expect a contract extension soon. 

1 hour ago, tyappleg said:

Can't believe the amount of people saying Dane Fife.  Indiana cannot afford to get it wrong. Fife is a gamble we cannot take right now. 

I don't like him as the head coach right now. Assistant to Beilein with an eye to the future might work. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bennett

Donovan

Oats

Drew

Musselman

Mack

I’ll likely be disappointed but whats new #iubb

Think the last thread are possibilities but not the first three.  I’m not a Drew guy but think he would win here.  Beard would be on my list.  IF Matta is healthy, he’s on my list.  Not wild about Belein — too short term IMO.  Do not want Fife....program is in too precarious of a position to bring in a first year head coach.

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He would give us a good 6 years and make this job more attractive.  I have been ripped for years on HSN sayin this job is not elite any longer and we will not get an elite coach during these hiring processes.  I consider only 8 coaches as elite Stevens, Bennett, Wright, Williams, Coach K, Self, Few, Izzo.  I have two coaches who I would never want here is Cal and Pitino  I said no matter how much we paid out we would never get those coaches and everyone told me everyone has a price.  I guess after today I might be  more correct than people wanted to believe.

Did you watch UNC tonight?  We don't want a dinosaur on the sideline. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He would excellent. For real.

The best choices may not be the obvious ones.

That is true.  If you want a completely not obvious — no coaching experience but knows the game and is one that high school players know — Greg Anthony.  Not going to happen, obviously.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

That is true.  If you want a completely not obvious — no coaching experience but knows the game and is one that high school players know — Greg Anthony.  Not going to happen, obviously.

Anthony rates even behind Pitino -- he doesn't know how to properly acquire hookers. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Who is going to want this job? 

I know the Stevens thing is still raw, but come on. Top 10 paying job in all NCAA? Check. Among the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation? Check. Great facilities? Check. Fan support? Check. IU ain't what it once was, but it IS a good job. Doesn't mean everyone wants it, but some good coaches will. Dolson's job is to pick the right one.