Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

I like Beard a lot but all the talk of him loving Texas and his kids there makes me think it will turn into another Stevens where we offer and he gets a raise at Texas Tech and we are searching for #3. Just like UCLA did

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

Can't believe the amount of people saying Dane Fife.  Indiana cannot afford to get it wrong. Fife is a gamble we cannot take right now. 

If we're being realistic. He's on the list for obvious reasons. Oats, Mussleman, Beard, etc all have better programs and better futures than ours. Plus other little stuff to their own, I don't think they even consider Indiana. 

Just now, Treesh said:

If we're being realistic. He's on the list for obvious reasons. Oats, Mussleman, Beard, etc all have better programs and better futures than ours. Plus other little stuff to their own, I don't think they even consider Indiana. 

He can be on the list.  But he better be near the bottom.  And if he is the hire, I think it's a disaster. 

Just now, tyappleg said:

He can be on the list.  But he better be near the bottom.  And if he is the hire, I think it's a disaster. 

Big names passed on us four years ago. I don't see that changing magically. 

5 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Sam Cassell

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I’d love to go NBA assistant/former player route but I don’t think it’d be easy to get anyone. They tend to bide their time and try to get a head coaching job eventually. 

8 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Can't believe the amount of people saying Dane Fife.  Indiana cannot afford to get it wrong. Fife is a gamble we cannot take right now. 

Yeah, I think my 47 years of following IU basketball would be over if that happened - for multiple reasons (not the least of which is he is one of the ones most responsible for starting this whole sh*tshow by threatening to leave if we didn't hire Davis).

Just now, trc1969 said:

To be honest I'm glad I'm not Dolson, not everyone is going to be as happy with his next choice as they would have been with Stevens.

Yeah without a doubt. But you don’t make the change unless you know you can land a great coach. He knows his reputation is on the line. 

4 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yeah, I think my 47 years of following IU basketball would be over if that happened - for multiple reasons (not the least of which is he is one of the ones most responsible for starting this whole sh*tshow by threatening to leave if we didn't hire Davis).

I totally agree, the players were going to boycott and the AD caved and we got Davis.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

What won’t get beyond Beilien?

The early bird at Olive Garden? The shuffleboard tournament? The AARP discount at TJ Maxx?

He old. He ain’t it.

Beilein has been the best coach in the big ten in the last decade and two years ago was 30-7.  Coach K is 74, Boheim is 76, Pitino is 68 and isn't Bill Beliechick in his late 60's