Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Scott Drew (Baylor)

1 minute ago, Unexpectedflash said:

We'd be lucky to get Scott Drew. I get not wanting him because the rumors of his shadiness but it's kind of amazing to me people wouldn't want someone whose team has been ranked in the top 5 for basically two years straight. Especially at a school who has no basketball history before he came. 

I think there’s a very high probability that whoever we hire will be worse than Drew. He’d be a home run hire who would have IU in the upper echelon of the Big 10 very quickly. Baylor had made the tournament 4 times in program history before he came along. 

I haven’t watched much Baylor. But it seems like a lot of ISO play???

Defense won them the game the second half tonight. 

Arkansas went straight AAU offense in the second half in order to win.

They said, we are faster and more athletic and we don’t care if we take terrible shots because we will rebound them and take more terrible shots and still win. Yippee.

Players make plays in crunch time. Justin Smith saved their backside numerous times as Moody went hero mode.

Few teams run pretty offense anymore, sadly. Midrange is dying unless you watch IUWBB. They run a nice offense.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

The offense is very reliant on guards creating things but Drew's last 3 years of offensive efficiency ratings have been 3, 17, and 20. The offense isn't something I'd worry about with him because he's proven he can consistently field an elite one. They also shoot over 40% from three on the year. I don't know if Archie even had one guy that high. The defense has taken a huge step up these last two years though which is why I really like him now. 

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

Tonight was the most isolation I have seen them play this year, from the seven or so games I have watched. Usually, they move the ball well. I think Baylor's ceiling is the highest of any team, but they have to move the ball around or else Gonzaga will beat them. For me, Drew and Oats are the top choices.