Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Scott Drew (Baylor)

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Drew is not a good guy IMO.

As much as I have a preference for certain things about the next coach that doesn't fit a few candidates, I would root like hell for Beilein or Fife if that's who we went with. 

Drew would be much tougher; for me tougher to root for than Alford.

What makes him not a good guy!

let’s not act like IU has been squeaky clean over the years. We had Sampson and his issues, the alike that was Vonleh and Bryant and similar slime with Romeo.

you also have to wonder, if Baylor was dirty and couldn’t land Perea, what were we doing?

I just think IU has been shitty about breaking the rules. If you are going to do it, really do it

5 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

let’s not act like IU has been squeaky clean over the years. We had Sampson and his issues, the alike that was Vonleh and Bryant and similar slime with Romeo.

you also have to wonder, if Baylor was dirty and couldn’t land Perea, what were we doing?

I just think IU has been shitty about breaking the rules. If you are going to do it, really do it

No one is 100% clean, if they are they're losing a lot.  Just varying degrees of dirty.  We like to have a holier than thou mindset on it though.

IU guy recipe: (for starters)

Played at IU
Knows tradition inside and out
Fire in the belly
Loves the movie HOOSIERS AND WATCHED 100 times (or more a plus)

After what we’ve been through....
WHAT do we have to lose?

Note: Somewhat posted tongue in cheek. However, ONLY somewhat.

Regardless...... LET’s GO HOOSIERS! Restore the CANDY STRIPE ROAR!!!

We fans are TIRED of less than mediocre seasons. EXTREMELY tired!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I never said Drew was too slimy for me.

Something about him bugs the crap out of me. 

Maybe it’s me and it’s not their fault, but both Scott and Bryce Drew bother me! What can I say?   :)

^^My answer^^ (from another thread)

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I agree with this. If we are breaking rules, we are really bad at it!

3 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Take it or leave it Jeff Goodman said hes heard from some of his sources that Scott drew would have interest in the Indiana job.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

where did you see this?

4 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Take it or leave it Jeff Goodman said hes heard from some of his sources that Scott drew would have interest in the Indiana job.

I really hope this is true. This would be the closest thing to a home run out of the realistic candidates.

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Goodman would also say whatever he thinks might get IU fans’ hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well he has done multiple interviews with the entire Drew family over the past 24 hours so I would assume he asked them straight up about it and they told him that Scott would have interest in it. 

Well he has done multiple interviews with the entire Drew family over the past 24 hours so I would assume he asked them straight up about it and they told him that Scott would have interest in it. 

Geez I would hope his family wouldn’t out him like that while he’s trying to keep his #1 seeded team focused on a championship run....

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Geez I would hope his family wouldn’t out him like that while he’s trying to keep his #1 seeded team focused on a championship run....

Dude, he didn't ask them during the interview. I am putting 2 and 2 together. He comes out and says he has sources who say Scott Drew has interest in the Indiana job. He says this the day after he gets done interviewing Scott. I mean it isn't rocket science 

22 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

I'm just picturing how upset that news probably made Jeff Goodman and how much he hated reporting it out. 

If Scott Drew is interested in the job then Dolson needs to do absolutely everything he can do to land him. Open that checkbook up as wide as your can. Drew would be one helluva hire. 

I know everyone wants a clean coach. Look at Baylor's roster the last two years. The best players are all transfers or low four star recruits. I struggle to see who he would've had to cheat to get so all these rumors about Drew being dirty seem to be just that. They've been Villanova like in their ability to develop guards recently. There wouldn't be much projection for Drew like some of these other coaches. All he has to do is continue what he's been doing recently and we'd be very happy with the results. 

Just now, Unexpectedflash said:

I know everyone wants a clean coach. Look at Baylor's roster the last two years. The best players are all transfers or low four star recruits. I struggle to see who he would've had to cheat to get so all these rumors about Drew being dirty seem to be just that. They've been Villanova like in their ability to develop guards recently. There wouldn't be much projection for Drew like some of these other coaches. All he has to do is continue what he's been doing recently and we'd be very happy with the results. 

Let's see what Elite Eight Drew does this weekend.

In 18 years he's never made it pass the Elite Eight.

He's only been to the Elite Eight twice. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Treesh if we don't get Elite Eight Drew then we're going to get Meme Team Mike. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I'm giving him a pass those first five years but I get it if you don't. Doesn't help his team last year didn't get to play in the tourney. Don't think there's another coach out there that has been in the top 5 the for 30 straight weeks or whatever that Baylor has that would come here.