Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Thad Matta

45 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Without a doubt. The only hire that would unite the fan base was Brad Stevens. That doesn’t appear to be happening. 

You hire Matta there will be happy fans here and unhappy fans there. Goes for each candidate. Going to a final four will cure that. We’ve tasted the Sweet 16 several times and fans obviously want more at Indiana. 

Winning is nice, but get to the final four. 

Then Matta is the guy with National Title game, multiple Elite 8's and Sweet 16's and out recruited everyone in the state of Indiana during his runs

14 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Then Matta is the guy with National Title game, multiple Elite 8's and Sweet 16's and out recruited everyone in the state of Indiana during his runs

If his health permits him to coach I would support him. I live in Ohio and remember reading quite a few stories about his health issues and the toll they took on him. He did an excellent job at both Xavier and Ohio State. 

So I’m warming a little to the idea.. but is he better than Musselman or Beard at this juncture?

I’m also concerned about him being away from recruiting for 4 years. I guess the only way I would be happy is if there was a contingency plan for Stevens to take over when he is ready to move back home. Or maybe put Fife on the bench with Matta now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Story that we agreed to a deal and it fell apart because of his physical was fake. So he could still be on the board! Don't get too excited now.. :D

Wide of the mark is interesting choice of words.. the source (Dolson) could’ve just said reports are not true. 

BRAD STEVENS COMING?!!

On 3/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, NVFalcons1990 said:

Anyone run that Paul Westhead Loyola Marymount offense from 1987 to 1990 when they averaged 122.1 per game? 

Boy were they fun to watch.

My high school coach tried to run it with one of his teams didn't really work out.

The story about the agreement and the physical is just flat out BS. 

But Thad is now out. Woodson is increasingly likely. Don’t shoot the messenger. 

Edited by Nonymouse

1 hour ago, Nonymouse said:

Thanks for the update, Nony. I’m very curious to know if you feel like sharing whether it’s Matta that is not interested or is it IU that is not (or no longer) interested?

2 hours ago, Nonymouse said:

Why is he out?