Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Chris Beard (Texas Tech)

That was one bad last possession. 

I would have went 2 for 1 with 48 seconds left. And then last possession you have to shoot with around 7-10 seconds on the clock. Give yourself a shot at a rebound or a chance to foul and have another miracle chance.

All coming from a coach’s son, so I’m no where near as smart as the actual coach’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not over the moon with this option. We will need to pay him 6-7 per year. Is he worth that.

I know you all hate Scott Drew but that’s the best option all things considered.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You are half right- better options than Beard, but not necessarily Drew. I'm hoping they both quietly decline and IU moves on. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not over the moon with this option. We will need to pay him 6-7 per year. Is he worth that.

I know you all hate Scott Drew but that’s the best option all things considered.

Why would Scott Drew leave Baylor?

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m starting to align with you here. Drew or Mussleman.

I have watched a lot of TT games the last few years and never really like his offense.  What I do like is that his team plays hard and doesn't ever give up.  They are tenacious on defense and causes a lot of turnovers.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Beard’s a really good coach. IU would be lucky to hire him. You guys should really stop relying on a couple tournament games to evaluate a coach. 

Is the 18-17 conference record over the last two years a better sample size? I like Beard's energy, but I don't see a successful offensive identity and the defense has dropped off. He is definitely better than Woodson/Fife/Alford, but I think there are other calls to make.

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I’d take Beard. His offense does struggle at times. He is on the list but his style doesn’t fit what Dolson said he is looking for in an attractive style. 

I like offense and his team knows how to bank in three's....lol

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Beard’s a really good coach. IU would be lucky to hire him. You guys should really stop relying on a couple tournament games to evaluate a coach. 

Peep his kenpom numbers. Offense has been an issue. With that said, I wouldn’t be mad if he came. Solid candidate. 

Watching a lot of college games I have to wonder where these offensive coaches that Dolson is looking for.  I see most offenses in the country looking exactly the same and they are not good.  It is all  guys standing around waiting for someone to beat their man off the dribble.