Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have not read all 169 pages, but I've read a lot. I never would've said I was more than 75% sure at any point, and was feeling less than that most of the day. 

Good for you!  I'm sure you're not one I was talking about then.

Can we stop using the term “insider” and “inside information” on a free board again? Stevens was the only option bring IU back to any sort of decency. The only guy who scares Painter. More irrelevancy coming our way. Can’t wait to see who is announced LOL 
Lol. The only one?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rabjohns was getting his info from here. Just like everyone else. Osu guy Twitter was keeping things sounding good and an Aj Guyton picture and hype here and there. Before you know it it’s everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have a hard time believing he was running with message board chatter. Possible, but unlikely IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also feel bad for our AD because he’s in real trouble if he mislead the donors. Again I work with billionaire’s , 10 million isn’t much to them but they absolutely hate being mislead.  Like will do everything possible to make you miserable, to the point where they spend more than 10 million to make life tough. 

11 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Indiana fans are going to soon change the term Rick Rolled to Billy Rolled or Brad Rolled  

It has been kind of fun watching the same irrational exuberance over this search.  

The roll has come in both cases from exactly one person...

Just now, Banksyrules said:

I also feel bad for our AD because he’s in real trouble if he mislead the donors. Again I work with billionaire’s , 10 million isn’t much to them but they absolutely hate being mislead.  Like will do everything possible to make you miserable, to the point where they spend more than 10 million to make life tough. 

Unless he had the donors with him every step of the way and they know there’s nothing else anyone could do.

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You created an account to state this?  You really need a hobby, Goodman.

Not Goodman. My name is my screen name. I had a previous account, but could not remember the password. Tried the "reset" and waited for a confirmation email, but it never came. In truth, it was been a couple years since I was on here. Just got interested in the coaching search and have been using the "like" or "laugh" buttons instead of takin up bandwidth by making replies out of those.

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

To be honest though, he should've had an iron clad guarantee from Brad before he canned Archie.  He needed something concrete in writing or else he's a complete buffoon. 

8 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

People can write what they want but I don’t get why there’s so much talk of lost credibility on a free message board. None of these posters get paid to talk IU sports and just sharing what they heard. To each their own but seriously....

can we throat punch Jeff Goodman?

I wonder if Justin Albers post on here

But people on here have to stop acting like what they say is 100% the truth and that anything any other media member says on Twitter is wrong and that they must secretly hate IU. It’s insane. These guys get stuff wrong, just like every other “insider”. Stop taking everything as Gospel just because they post it on here and you want it to be true. Take what they say into consideration but don’t put all your faith in their word. You’d avoid situations like this one. Use your heads.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Can't like this enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I said I wouldn't totally believe he was going to be here until he said he was going to be here, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with those who believed it.  Sounds like the Celtics ponied up.  I do totally believe that Chris and 0708's intel was good about IU meeting with him and meeting his demands.

In terms of the Celtics ponying up, I'm of the opinion that the Celtics are kind of in no man's land going forward.  Good enough to peak out at a 4 seed in a good season, not good enough to avoid being on the border of an 8 seed if injuries occur.  They aren't a deep team and they don't have trade assets and unless something drastic happens, they aren't going to catch up with the Nets, Sixers, and Bucks.  Stevens will win more games with that team than most other coaches would, but I don't see that as being enough.....might be just enough to being a 40 to 50 win team for a few years which is the worst thing you can be in the NBA.  Not good enough to win anything, not bad enough to build through the draft.