Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

15 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Im just happy it’s not Moser or Fife. Woodson can put together an absolutely star studded staff. So give him the benefit of the doubt before we start marching on Bloomington with pitchforks. I’m intrigued. 

If, for whatever reason, we can't get one of Stevens, Oats, or Beard, I would rather want to see Woodson than another mid major coach. One of the areas Archie failed at IU was his inability to handle star players and players' egos and jealousy, which is always detrimental to team chemistry. I'm 100% sure Woodson has abolutely no problem handling college kids if he was able to demand respect from Carmelo Anthony. Moser could work at IU, but he, just like Archie, never recruited high school star players and 5 stars of the world. I don't see any advantage guys like Moser have over Woodson. 

Woodson just needs excellent assistants who've been around college games for a long time and know how to recruit and manage college kids' lives on and off the court...perferably one of Fife or Lewis, and either one will be Woodson's successor when he retires. 

2 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

The person who did that is most likely a retiree who wants nothing more than to relive IU’s mid-70s glory days. In other words, they are the direct audience that this hire is intended to please.

Can’t wait to see the 60 and 70 year olds he recruits on the court next year. 

I’m al for giving him support and a chance but sure seems like Dolson kept this in the old boys club after Stevens turned him down. Either Stevens led him on, Dolson drank the kool-aid without getting anything solid, or he rolled the dice with this as his backup plan all along.

Just now, Bowhunter said:

How is this plan B over Oats, Musselman, and Beard or Belein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm really confused why we didn't wait a few more days to talk with Muss at the very least.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's Indiana, it's Indiana...

Yeah, those words sure have taken on a different meaning over the last few years, huh?  

Any chance Woodson could be hired with understanding that Stevens will come after the Celtics season is over. Brad only mentioned finishing this year with the Celtics in the press conference Friday.

“you know, we're going through a tough season. And, you know, I think that it's not my job to not go through it. It's not my job to not make sure that I'm doing everything I can to help find a better version of ourselves this year”.

Maybe all of this is just to allow him to finish the season without any distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk