Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just so people are clear, the Celtics will be in the playoff hunt for the foreseeable future.

Remember the top 10 seeds essentially make the playoffs now.

So this delusional hope that the Celtics are all of sudden be a lost cause is kind of ridiculous.

Don’t always need the best players to win, you just need the right players to win.  

I don’t disagree. I’m not saying he isn’t a piece of the puzzle. I’ve long stated 3 stars and role players is the best recipe for success. Or 2 great ones. Sometimes having 5 dudes won’t work. It’s tricky.
PG doesn’t have to be the scorer or the most dominant guy. Just gotta have those pieces somewhere.

I was positing the question.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, TwatShot said:

Just so people are clear, the Celtics will be in the playoff hunt for the foreseeable future.

So this delusional hope that the Celtics are all of sudden be a lost cause is kind of ridiculous.

10 seeds? Did I miss something? 2/3 of the NBA will make the playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, Jam said:

Don’t doubt Chris heard something at all, and I am not questioning Braden’s ability. I just think it’s highly doubtful that “We“ told him he was a top priority. Who is we? We don’t have a coach. Previous coach had 20 or more offers out.

"Previous coach had 20 or more offers out."

Perhaps he was one of those and Assist Coach Roberts is continuing the recruiting contact with him?

Haven’t seen Smith play but the profile makes me think loosely of Payton Pritchard, the sort of guy who can be a role player on a good team from day 1 and might someday be the most important player on a different good team.

Saw a new flight on peegs chat. Today I think. Bedford MA to Indy 

There’s actually two flights... both NetJets.

Boston Logan to Indy Exec (right outside Zionsville)

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA789/history/20210328/1830Z/KBOS/KTYQ

And this one from Bedford to Indys main airport..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA706/history/20210328/1627Z/KBED/KIND

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Do you have any comment on that Beilein/Fife stuff that fpeaugh is putting out?  He has been right before.

Fpeaugh’s MO is basically to commit to a well trafficked rumor, hope it turns out true, then say something changed last minute when it doesn’t come to be. Nothing he’s ever been “right” about was ever a truly new piece of info

26 minutes ago, TwatShot said:

To add to that, the Celtics are currently the 7th seed in the East, but are just 1 game out of the 4th seed (which is Charlotte and Ball is out the rest of the season), with their next 7 games at home. It will be key to get Tristian Thompson and Evan Fournier out of the Covid protocols soon, but the Celtics are in decent shape to solidify things. Not saying a title run or anything, but they'll be solidly in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I wouldn't say troll more like a jacka$$. But he's been right some in the past.  You just have to think if they were hiring Beilein that it would've been announced a while ago.

He has been what may be considered trolling on Rivals.  He also puts out the word but has missed every single big one that I can remember including Romeo,  and a previous coaching search 4 or so years ago.

Edited by Dave from Dayton